PDA

View Full Version : So...What Can I Eat Now? I'm Tired Of White Food!!

randomkid
04-02-2007, 12:54 PM
I had the worst stomach bug over the weekend and I'm really still recovering. I was so dehydrated and sick that I ended up in the Emergency Dept. to get IV fluids and IV Zofran. I started with saltine crackers and graduated to white toast. I've had white rice, white potatoes, etc. Today I actually ate a turkey sandwich and did fairly well (so far), but it's still white! I haven't had a stomach flu like that in years, so I really don't know what to try next or where to go from here.

I'm hungry!!!! But...my tummy is still somewhat sensitive. What would you suggest to try next?

Thanks

boolady
04-02-2007, 01:08 PM
My DH is also getting over a nasty stomach bug...dr told him the BRATT diet-- bananas, rice, applesauce, tea, and toast. He just ate a turkey sandwich, himself, actually, so we'll see how that does. Sorry I can't be more help. Hope you're feeling better soon.

randomkid
04-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks. I tried banana, but that didn't sit too well. Maybe I'll do applesauce - at least that has some flavor to it. I've been drinking a lot of peppermint tea as well as unsweetened iced tea and water, of course. Any other suggestions are welcome!

gatorsmom
04-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Diet Sprite or Diet 7-up always sat well when we were little and had an upset stomach. Cooked applesauce, chicken noodle soup. Guess I wasn't that much help.

hope you feel better soon!

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

Mommy_Again
04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to say that I feel your pain...DS got it friday and I got it Saturday. Doesnt sounds like I had it nearly as bad as you did, but its painful regardless. Have you ever eaten Pastina? It is tiny pasta in the shape of little stars..made by Muellers or whoever in the pasta section. I cook it with some butter melted on top and it is mild and delicious.

elephantmeg
04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
jello! soup, plain boiled veggies, plain meats, yogurt, (very helpful!), peaches in moderation. I like the rice mixes when I'm recovering-chicken and rice type stuff, at least it has flavor!

add last: greasy foods, spicy foods, milk/ice cream (diahhrea kills the villi in your intestines that secrete lactase and it takes 3-5 days for them to grow back or so one of the pedi's told me), fruits and fruit juices that have a laxative effect-apple juice (apple sauce tends to thicken, apple juice to run), pears, pear juice, pineapple etc.

HTH and that you're feeling better!