PDA

View Full Version : OT Window treatments for metal doors?

alexsmommy
04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Our kitchen door is your standard exterior metal door. I don't like traditional "country" curtains but the only solution for covering the window I've found is a curtain rod that has magnetic brackets. I did find a tab top roman shade, but it is too heavy for the magnetic brackets (partially b/c the one I found is fairly large and I'm not finding smaller ones - the window itself is 23"). Any creative solutions. To make it more complicated, it needs to match a window treatment for a traditional window. What have others done? I need to do this soon b/c we finally have neighbors on the side the window faces and I know from nursing DS that in those early tired, brain dead days of nursing I think nothing of walking through the house in a bra. TIA.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07

elliput
04-03-2007, 06:24 PM
My first thought is a couple of spring rods to fit in the window frame and a flat panel of fabric to coordinate. If you sew or know someone that sews this is a very simple project.

kristine_elen
04-03-2007, 06:42 PM
At Lowe's the other day I saw this thing that fits over the window molding on a metal door and it has a white miniblind in it and glass. So the miniblind is in between the window and the glass it comes with. I think it just magnets onto the door. I didn't look at it very carefully, so that's as much as I know.

ellies mom
04-03-2007, 10:43 PM
It actually screws onto the window. They are really cool. We considered them for our problem windows but moved instead.

Another suggestion would be to either use "frosted glass" spray or film. You wouldn't necessarily need to do the full window, maybe just the bottom half.

alexsmommy
04-04-2007, 09:09 AM
I'll check this out when I return the tab top roman shades I got from there that are too heavy. This could be a great solution. Thanks.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07