PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for traveling with bare minerals make up?

Andrea S
04-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I drives me crazy to travel with the make up.

Andrea
mom to A 8/02
& B 3/06

dylansnan
04-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I put a piece/ or 2 of tape over the holes :-)

Thats my only tip- sorry not great.

karin4
04-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Is it the powder coming out of the holes that drives you crazy? If that's it, just put a strip or 2 of scotch tape over the holes. It keeps the powder in, and peels off easily. Usually it stays sticky enough that I can reuse the same tape for the trip home, too.

HTH!

clc053103
04-04-2007, 05:51 PM
AGree w/ tape over holes- I don't even bother doing that anymore- just bang it back down!

I got this Vera Bradley travel cosmetic case and it's round shape is so condusive to Bare Minerals product containers:

http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?dept=200&sku=205%3a10&

I put the large ones (foundation, mineral veil, warmth, and the kabuki brush) in the loops around the edge, my eye shadows and blushes in the center, and use the zippered lid for brushes, eyeliner, and mascara. Love it so much, I stopped putting my makeup away in its drawer and use it full time, even at home.

KrisM
04-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Hated trying to peel off tape and never remembered to bring it with me to put some on for the trip home.

Now, I flatten out a cotton ball and stick that over the holes. The lid keeps it in place.

supercalifragilous
04-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Do you have the travel compact?

I agree with the PP about the cotton ball. I can never get the darn tape to restick.

My problem with the screwtop lid is that it doesn't provide enough space for me to "swirl." The travel compact provides a much bigger surface - I just swirl the brush over the holes. Plus if you forget the tape/cotton ball, you can easily pop out the lid part and pour the powder back into the container.