PDA

View Full Version : BF and AF

jal
04-04-2007, 10:14 PM
BF has done a great job keeping AF away from DW until last month.

But this month had been very odd. At the appropriate time, DW complained about about craps and water weight gain, but AF never showed up. So we did a PT, but it was negative. A week later, still no AF and another PT was still negative.

Anyone got any input on this situation?

I could understand the concept that BF could make AF intermittent, especially since we've had TTC issues and diagnosed with anovulation and DS is BF less. But what has us confused is no AF and no positive PT after all the other symptoms.

wencit
04-04-2007, 10:23 PM
How long has it been since your wife's periods have resumed? I hear it is common for AF to be inconsistent the first several months. DS is now 12 months, and I started having my periods again when he was about 9 months old. I got my first 2 periods each a month apart, and then nothing last month, and so far nothing this month. I am not pregnant, either.

So it could just be that AF is taking a while to get regular again for your wife.

ellies mom
04-04-2007, 10:51 PM
I had that happen recently. I had a period then right on time for the next one I had all the symptoms your wife had but no bleeding then about three weeks later I had a period then I had a long cycle before I had another period. I know for a fact it wasn't an early miscarriage. I don't normally have regular periods either so sometimes things are just weird.

o_mom
04-05-2007, 05:55 AM
I had a few of those times before AF started after DS2 (never had AF after DS1). I think it can just be a response to fluctuating hormones as they start BF less. If you are TTC (not using BC), then a pregnancy test every couple weeks can give you peace of mind (or not depending on your outlook.

jal
04-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the replies indicating that what we're experiencing apparently isn't all that unusual.

We are currently not TTC as DS#2 is only 9mo and we're not particulary interested in having 3. But after the difficulties we've faced TTC, we're also not actively preventing it either.