PDA

View Full Version : Costco shoppers --Which digital camera?

fate
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
My cannon just broke and I don't want to miss all the Easter and spring break photos so I am off to buy something in the next few days and costco is so convenient. Has anyone seen any digital cameras at costco that they recommend? I am leaning towards a cannon again but it has been 4 years since I have last researched. I looked back in the BBB archives but I know that models are constantly changing and I would like your latest feedback on the new cameras. Budget: about $200.

Also any recs on cameras, even if not at costco. Do you like what you have?

Thanks!

BeachBum
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
I just bought a Canon SD800IS it was closer to $300 or more I'm not sure.

I think any of the cameras in the "digital elph" category (600,630, 700 et al) will be a good cameras. Their "A" series are good too, but a little larger and take AA batteries rather than a rechargable battery pack. That is what I had most recently. I was happy except for the time between shots was really long.

The most important feature for me this time was a fast flash recycle time. I hate missing a shot waiting on the camera. Cnet.com had very helpful camera reviews I thought.

DebbieJ
04-05-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm scoping out the 630. It's just like the 600, but with a bigger screen and no viewfinder.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

fate
04-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the info on your favs. I ended up buying the only canon that costco had in stock SD900 elph series for $380 or so. 10 megapixils-WAY more than I need. It is almost too advanced. I would be happy with last years model 700IS?

Now I am having 2nd thoughts. I bet my old computer won't even be able to keep up with the advanced camera which will be such a pain.

Any BTDT advice for new cameras keeping up with old computers. I know I should probablty search a camera web site for more detailed info...
Thanks.

Any better place to buy cameras? online?