PDA

View Full Version : Nice vacation place 2-3 hrs from NYC?

JustMe
04-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I will be visiting my sister in NYC for a week in July (the week with July 4th in it to be exact). We will spend a few days in the city and then hope to go somewhere nice for a few days. I know we need to make reservations now, because I things will be booked that week. I'd like to find someplace that is both relaxing, yet has interesting things for kids and adults to do. I am from NYC, so don't need NYC suggestions. It will just be my sister, dd, and me.

I'd love to keep the drive to 3 hrs or less, but would do 4 for the right place.

TIA!

Robyn

scoop22
04-07-2007, 06:00 PM
i'm not sure of my hours but what about lake george? i love that place. again not sure of the distance.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

wolverine2
04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Maybe Mystic, CT area? The Mystic Seaport is nice, and there's an aquarium there as well.

caleymama
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Saratoga Springs, NY maybe? It's a great town that definitely has things for both kids and adults. Lake George, like the PP said, is another idea but a little further north. Have fun wherever you go!

JBaxter
04-08-2007, 12:19 PM
I havent been in a long time but what about Jones Beach on Long Island? I would be a day at the beach / picnic.
http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=46

JustMe
04-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the great ideas. Keep them coming. I love these kind of choices!

overcome
04-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Sesame Place is in Langhorn PA, which I *think* is outside Philadelphia....maybe if you google it? It maybe within 3 hours.

Pocono Mts? Great Wolf Lodge and Camelbeach are within minutes of each other, plus Crossings Premuim Outlets are right down the street from both places. Will take you 2 hours tops.

ETA Camelbeach has PHENOMENAL fireworks for the 4th.

daisy1234
04-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Not sure of your budget....But I love Seaside park/ seaside heights NJ! Great beach vacation for the yound and old! Not as crazy as wildwood!

Also...if you can aford Woodloch Pines...you won't be sorry!

www.woodlochpines.com

daisy1234
04-09-2007, 10:51 AM
How about Lancaster pa???? There are the rockvale outlets to shop with playgrounds. Also Dutch Wonderland is a great place for a 4 year old...water park and fun rides geared for little ones!! Owned now by Hersey park...you can alos tour the choc factory for free and take some amish buggy rides while oin the area!

www.DutchWonderland.com

www.willowvalley.com (This place looks fun...expensive in summer...the best western looks fun too!)