PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE!!! - Need Good BBB Mojo - DS' Surgery is Tomorrow

CharmedOne
04-09-2007, 12:07 AM
***UPDATE***

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. DS is a trooper! He's taking a nap now, so this is my first chance to be online since Sunday night. He did extremely well. Minimal pain complaints. A little bit of Tylenol, and he's good to go. He tells me when his diaper is soiled but understandably doesn't want me to change him.

Here's a picture of him making a silly face on the ride home. (Sorry about the quality. I took it with my cellphone camera.)

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/CharmedOne522/DSC00106.jpg

It was soooo hard to not nurse him before the surgery and THEN have to tell him to wait until the nurses said it was okay post-op. "Mama's milk" is the first thing he asks for every morning too. He was crying hysterically right after surgery, mostly because he was disoriented and couldn't nurse. He kept on trying to pull out the IV.

It looks like he's back to normal today. You guys were right about the bruising. I prepared myself for it, but it's still scary to look at. DS is not even aware of the bandages down there. Otherwise, he would be picking at them right now. Tomorrow we get to take off the bandages, and he can have a bath.

A few months ago I wrote about rescheduling DS' bilateral orchidopexy & hernia repair surgery. Long story short, breastmilk is NOT considered a clear fluid at my hospital. He has the first surgery scheduled tomorrow, so I won't have to worry about him starving too much before the procedure.

I know he will be fine. Kids are resilient, but I'm a nervous wreck! I hope he recovers quickly. I appreciate any good vibes you can send our way!

Caroline

http://b2.lilypie.com/3k5Am7/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif 22 months

julieakc
04-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Sending good vibes. I remember your post awhile back. My DS just went through the same surgery in Feb. (unilateral though) so I know exactly what you're going through. DS did fine and bounced back completely within 2 days (day 1 the only difference was that he actually took a nap).

Big Hugs!

mommy_someday
04-09-2007, 12:30 AM
(((((good vibes))))) The way you're feeling is completely understandable. It's so hard to feel like there's nothing you can do but sit by and watch, especially when you know what a comfort BF can be for your child. I hope the procedure goes smoothly and that your DS recovers quickly. Big hugs and good thoughts coming your way, mama!

wendmatt
04-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Good luck, hope all goes well.

denna
04-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Sending ((vibes)) your way. I hope it all goes well today for Nathan.

elephantmeg
04-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Mojo going your way! Hope everything goes well!!!!!!!!

megs4413
04-09-2007, 09:05 AM
prayers and good vibes coming your way! i hope it's smooth and easy!

JTsMom
04-09-2007, 10:57 AM
(((((good vibes)))))

Hope all goes well. Give us an update when you get a chance.

elephantmeg
04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
yeah! Glad it went well and it's over!!!!!!!!!!!

julieakc
04-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Glad to hear things went well, and that DS seems to be back to normal.