PDA

View Full Version : The New Love Of DD's Life...What Is Your DC Crazy About?

randomkid
04-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I gave my stepdaughters little stuffed animals in their Easter baskets and DD has claimed my eldest SD's frog! Of all things!! Actually, when I bought it, I thought that DD might like it and considered getting one for her, but didn't. I had no idea how crazy she would be for it. She has never been like this over anything - it's so cute. She took it with her in the car today, took it into the store and it is now in bed with her (the only things she has ever taken to bed with her are her blankies). Before bed, she brushed it's teeth, made Mommy and Daddy give it hugs and kisses, covered it with her blankie and I think she wanted to fix his "hair" - she kept saying "mess, mess" and smoothing his fur with her hands. She has been hugging and kissing it all day. She is totally in love with this $4 frog from Target! Here's a pic from the Target ad - he's in the bucket in the back:

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/default.aspx?action=entryflash&ref=nav%5Fweeklyad

What has your DC attached to that completely surprised you?

rlu
04-10-2007, 01:22 AM
DS has two main loves - garbage trucks (this has been almost life-long, he has a fleet of three and he picks one to travel with us wherever we go) and owls. The owls started with the book Owl Moon and then he realized both my parents and my MIL have scare-owls in their yards. He wanted an owl for his b-day so my folks gave him a scare-owl of his own - it sits on our bookcase.

Ceepa
04-10-2007, 07:38 AM
My best advice is to run out and get another one before they're unavailable. Our DD has attached herself to a couple lovies. We have stand-ins for two of them but not hte third and we live in fear of ever losing that one! :)

Seriously, buy a spare!!

-Ceepa

randomkid
04-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh yeah...already did that! I checked our nearest Target and they didn't have one, so I sent my Mom to another Target and she got the last one. And, they were on clearance, so only $2.50 - yay!

elephantmeg
04-10-2007, 02:31 PM
the dog's leash. Any of them. He pulls them around all day long! So MIL/FIL got him a pull dog for Easter and we attached a leash handle to it (we had taken our dog for a tooth removal the week before and they left the leash on her and she chewed it through-so we have a spare!) and he likes it OK but really, really, really likes the leash. lol.