PDA

View Full Version : Sunscreen: Buy New or Reuse Old?

Kungjo
04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Not sure about this so I thought that I would ask all the moms here. What's the norm? What's the rule with sunscreen? Do you buy a new tube each year regardless of whether you used all the old sunscreen from last year? Or do you just reuse till you finish it and then get a new one?

Sunscreen is not that expensive but my DH bought a huge bottle from Sam's Club last year and I wasn't sure whether or not to throw it out. It's still half full. Does sunscreen have an expiration date?

Thanks,

katiesmommy
04-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Sunscreen does have an epiration date. Look for it somewhere on the bottle. I usually just buy a new one each year, rather then risking it.

supercalifragilous
04-12-2007, 03:58 AM
My facial moisturizer has a shelf life, so I would imagine that sunscreen would too. Depending on if it's a pump or spray (hygenically sealed), it might last longer.

We usually end up finishing sunscreen by the end of the summer. For DD, I won't put anything on her sensitive skin that I wouldn't use on my face, so if there's anything left over, I end up using it on myself.

babyready
04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
I've read lots of recommendations that say to buy new each summer. I go by the expiration date on the bottle, which usually lasts two summers.