PDA

View Full Version : Lost a receipt and now need warranty work...

MMEand1
04-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I guess during the past 2 moves, I have misplaced the receipt to our digital camera. It is less than a year old and has a 1 yr warranty. I have looked everywhere (except where it is!) and cannot seem to find it. What now? Am I stuck? This is a really good camera and I really like it, and I can't really afford to buy another one since this one is less than a year old. Anyone know if I can get a copy of the receipt from the company? It is a chain camera company, but there is not one here, which is another problem...any ideas???
Thanks,
Mariah P.

schums
04-15-2007, 06:33 PM
If you paid by credit card, the credit card company might be able to get a copy of the receipt for you. We've had to do that a couple of times, and have had no problem. It's easier if you know what month and day you purchased it (do you still have your CC bills from then?), but the CC should be able to look it up for you.

The store might have something on file, but I never trust them. It's in their best interest to give you no information.

GL,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

gatorruth
04-15-2007, 07:13 PM
This is totally not the right thing to do, but is the camera a current model? If so, can you buy a new one and use that receipt to return the broken one?? I know-- not nice-- no lectures please!!

Ruth

Bean606
04-15-2007, 09:11 PM
I would definitely call the company where you bought it and see if they can send you a duplicate receipt. It will help if you remember the exact date that you bought it. I just did this last summer with our air conditioner, and it worked out great. I had the repair done under the warranty, but would not have been able to without the receipt. Good luck!