PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to Disney if you just found out you were pregnant ?

TraciG
04-17-2007, 02:21 PM
We are waiting for the last minute to book Disney because if I'm pregnant I think I wont be able to go on many of the rides & might be very tired walking around. I will know next week so if we book we'd go 2 week's after that, if I'm NOT pregnant. Should I just go no matter what ?? Trying to decide if we should just book it now, as usual I can't decide HELP, what would you do ?

maestramommy
04-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I would still go if it's early in your pregnancy. There are still a lot of fun rides you can go on (at least I LOVE all the Fairy Tale rides!). And if you get tired, you can just stop and rest for a bit. The last time I went to Disney I was just barely pregnant (course I didn't know that) and I had a great time, even though I was in charge of a field trip.

Momof3Labs
04-17-2007, 02:48 PM
I'd go. I went when 18w pg with DS2. The only rides that you can't ride while pg are the same rides that your DD probably can't ride because she's too short. So you won't even notice that part.

If you are tired, go back to the room and take a nap (that's what I did), and let daddy and DD have a couple of hours alone playing in the parks or at the pool. Or everyone go back to the room and rest for an hour or two.

Sounds like you are making excuses not to go! Go now, it's easier with one preschooler than with two kids who are different ages!!

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
I went to Disneyland at 7 months pregnant. It was fine. Even had to carry my DS#1 who was having the MOST SUPREME OF ALL MELTDOWNS from Disneyland through most of Downtown Disney.

Just take it easy, and be careful of some of the faster rides.

Piglet
04-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Why the heck not? If you are PG, you are just barely PG and many women wouldn't even know they were PG at that time. You have been PG before and would know if you are the type of person that gets very tired early on or gets horrible morning sick early on. You will be much more go-go-go this PG anyway since you have to care for a toddler. Trust me, the things I do now while 37 weeks PG sound pretty crazy to anyone that has never or only once been PG! I have to carry my 32 lb 2 year old around; I hoist my 45 lb 5 year old into shopping carts, carseats, etc. We went to San Diego in December and had a blast and we walked for MILES every day. I definitely wouldn't think twice about going to Disney! Also, don't forget that you will be limited by Sydney's schedule, age and size, not yours. She won't be allowed on some of the bigger rides and won't want to go on others. If you go on the same rides that she goes on and follow her pace and schedule, you will be totally fine.

egoldber
04-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Absolutely. I've been to WDW pregnant many times.

tarynsmum
04-17-2007, 03:23 PM
I would probably go. You'd be just 'barely' preggo, and it's not like you'll be running around anyway - I'm sure Sydney will want/like to stop and rest too.

We're you very sick/icky before? That might give you a little indication at least.

kimbe
04-17-2007, 03:40 PM
I was at Disney when I found out that I was pregnant with DD. I took the pregnancy test at the hotel the day we arrived! I had a great time. There are only a few rides that you won't be able to go on. We are going this spring and I will be 5 months pregnant.

My answer is -- yes!

s7714
04-17-2007, 03:55 PM
I say go! Even if you can't go on all the rides, it'll still be fun.

We joke that DD#2 has already been to DL, because I was unknowingly PG with her when DH and I went for there for an overnight anniversary trip. We went on ALL the rides at DL and CA, which caused me to freak out a little when I realized I was PG a week later, but she turned out just fine.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

randomkid
04-17-2007, 04:01 PM
GO! I went to Universal's Islands of Adventures with my stepdaughters and I didn't know that I was pg. I went on all the roller coasters and really had no problems with being tired that early on. I did wonder why all the rides were making me so sick, though. Figured that one out a couple of weeks later. Funny thing is, we were in line for Spiderman and I said to DH "I hope I'm not pregnant and going on all these rides." - lol! We'd been trying for a while, so I really figured that I wasn't. I wouldn't recommend the faster rides if you know you are pg, but most of the rides your DC can go on would be fine. Have fun!

AngelaS
04-17-2007, 04:04 PM
I went when I was 5mo pregnant w/the first one and rode things that people probably frowned at me for--I figured the baby was well cushioned in there. ;) I had a blast! It was stinkin' hot tho so I drank GOBS of water.

The second time we went we had a great time and the day after I came home I realized I was pregnant again. I'd ridden all the same rides and probably had even more fun that trip. ;)

craftysierra
04-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I went while barley pg with my Daughter and it was fun ane like everyone is saying the rides your child can go on are ones you should be fine on. My mistake was wearing jeans and being super bloated and uncomfortable due to poor clothing choice not the park. So dress comfortably!

Sierra

cstack
04-17-2007, 04:26 PM
my step-daughter went to Disney last summer when she was pregnant. She was actually able to ride many of the rides and she said it wasn't too bad - just a little hot. She was about 2 1/2 months along if that helps at all.

SnuggleBuggles
04-17-2007, 05:14 PM
We are planning to go but I'll be 5 months along by then. I really didn't get hit with exhaustion till I was 7-8 weeks along so you won't be that far for your trip, right? I would be you will still have energy. I am sad about the ride thing but at least with Disney there are plenty of lame/ tame rides you can do. :)

I would go no matter what. And, Good Luck!!! :)

Beth

megs4413
04-17-2007, 10:09 PM
no. i would not go newly pregnant.

ETA: ok i should have read the other responses...apparently i'm the voice of dissent here! so i'll explain why i wouldn't go...

1. i was ridiculously sick while pregnant

2. i have had a pregnancy loss and am still terrified of that so early on. not that anything at disney would make you miscarry but that that is a time where i like to be extra cautious.

3. FATIGUE! i get so tired! i don't know how i'd schlep around disney and weather wise it will likely be quite warm and the park QUITE crowded.

egfmba
04-17-2007, 11:30 PM
I didn't read the other responses first (i'm so tired I'm going cross-eyed) but wanted to note that I found out I was pregnant w/ DS2 at Disney World last summer. I didn't ride the hard rides, but there was still so much to do! The walking was no more tiresome for me (may be different for you) but the morning sickness was annoying.

I'd say book it. There's plenty to do and if you are, it may be your last chance for a while (going w/ a newborn is a lot harder!).

Have fun if you go!
eva

C99
04-17-2007, 11:31 PM
I'll be the voice of dissent and say that I would not go. For two reasons:

1) I went on a long trip to visit my brother several states away when I was about 7 weeks pregnant with this one and I was sick as a dog (fatigue + got mastitis while I was there) and really did not enjoy myself.

2) I'm currently in the "do everything to avoid Disney" camp.

jillmk
04-18-2007, 05:33 AM
I love Disney, so I would say to go--as long as you are feeling okay. I went during my 1st pregnancy at maybe 9 weeks? Not sure. And I went during my pregnancy with the twins at 3 or 4 months. Just take it easy, know your limits, and have fun!

TraciG
04-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Thank you all so much, , after reading that most of you said to go I told my DH to book it, now he say's if I am pregnant we shouldn't go, can't believe it !! It is taking a long time to get pregnant so he doesn't want to take a chance if I am, he say's we can go somewhere else. I will find out next week, if we do go it would be 2 week's after I find out, so close & more expensive the longer we wait . I'll know next week.
thanks again :)

KBecks
04-18-2007, 09:19 AM
I probably would and just try to take it easy while there. However, if I had a track record of difficult or very uncomfortable early weeks of pregnancy, I'd postpone the trip.