PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar x-type reviews

mommyapb
04-17-2007, 02:56 PM
We are looking into buying this car (used). Anyone have any opinions? We are impressed with the awd, 6 yr cert. warranty & high safety ratings. Just wondered what the BBB mommas thought.

Thanks

ohmommymommy
04-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Have you gone to the library and checked out the April Consumer Reports reliability ratings on a Jag?

Just know that most repairs can be $750 and up on even the most minor issue. Also they are now owned by Ford and out of principle, I will never own another Ford as long as I live.

mommyapb
04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah we did all the research. They offer a 6 yr/ 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty plus free oil changes till 50K miles. Without the warranty, we would never think twice about a Jag. FIL has one & they can be pricey out of warranty. As far as the Ford thing goes, the x type shares a platform with a european car not a Ford.

Thanks for the response:)

BillK
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Pretty much every Jaguar throughout the history of mankind (and womankind) has proven to be problematic at best - and a nightmare to own at worst. If you don't mind dealing with all kinds of nagging little issues all the time (and huge ones sometimes) - they are sweet vehicles. But that's just my semi-informed car nut opinion.

mommyapb
04-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks Bill for the 411 :)