PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on how to clean DC's teeth?

kusumat
04-23-2007, 03:37 PM
DD is now 11 months and has 2 lower front teeth. I regularly clean them after meals with a finger brush. Lately, it has been difficult to clean them because she didn't like it and kept moving around and screaming. Please give me any suggestions. Thank you so much.

jgriffin
04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
When E first started getting his front teeth in I used to wipe them with a damp washcloth. This worked well for us, because I was already washing his face with a washcloth after meals, so I just used my finger and swiped on his teeth a few times before moving onto the rest of his face. I also used a finger brush before moving onto a toddler toothbrush, but I don't recall E being really bothered by it for long (he doesn't like brushing when he's teething, maybe that's what's going on with your daughter?)

chiqanita
04-23-2007, 04:29 PM
I agree with pp. I used a warm wet washcloth until DSx2 had more teeth. Then I switched to the rubber toothbrush and then the bristle type.

The way I brush DSx2 teeth now is by laying them down on the bed or rug, I sit at their head so they're looking up at me. They can't help but open their mouths. Sure they cry sometimes but then I can really get in there and do all of their teeth. I suppose this would work with an 11 month old. Besides, that's how our dentist checks and cleans their teeth so they're used to it when we go for their check-ups.