PDA

View Full Version : pbskids.org - fun computer games

713abc
04-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Wanted to let you all know that on the pbskids.org website there are some fun computer games based on the kids pbs tv shows (curious george, barney, berenstain bears, etc).

My (almost) 4 yr old and I have been having fun playing them. Sometimes he uses the mouse (which he is getting better at) and sometimes he tells me what to click on and I use the mouse.

Mom to max, 05/28/03 & Jake 03/07/07

gatorruth
04-24-2007, 03:43 PM
2 really good tips about letting your toddlers use the computer- they are from my sister- I can't take the credit!!

1. Put a sticker on the left mouse button. It helps them figure out which button to push.

2. Go to the control panel in your computer (under devices I think) and slow the mouse down to the slowest it can go.

THose 2 things really helped my almost 4 year old do computer games by himself!

Also, the fisher price website has great games-- and I bought some tonka software (about $6) and Cole LOVES them!!

Hope this helps!
Ruth

713abc
04-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Great idea to slow down the mouse - I'll have to try that! And I'll look into the other games too.

Mom to max, 05/28/03 & Jake 03/07/07

JBaxter
04-24-2007, 05:51 PM
We are a Noggin.com family here. :) When I need Nathan to stay put for a while I offer him my laptop he has Noggin and PBS saved in my favorites and switches back and forth he is really good at using the mouse pad on my laptop but has also mastered the regular mouse. I have to limit his time or he would play all day. I "forgot" his timer last week and left him playing for 1 1/2 hrs He actually brought me the laptop because the battery went dead lol