PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question - can a baby pee too much?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
04-24-2007, 06:04 PM
DD is nearly a year and recently she has been peeing a lot. Today, she has soaked through a diaper so badly, it was as if she had been swimming. The water was coming through the diaper. Now, she has another diaper that is just completely full (swimming in diaper full). Is this normal? She loves drinking water during that day. Could it be because of that? Anyone have any ideas?

SnuggleBuggles
04-24-2007, 06:09 PM
If she were older I would say she is just holding it longer and letting the flood gates open all at once- thus the higher volume. It could start that early, I guess. Is she peeing just as often and just peeing a lot more?

Beth

Mommy Of A Little Angel
04-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Hmm...I dunno. It could be that she's holding it because sometimes the diaper will be dry (if I change a poopy diaper). It seems like more though because the last two diapers were soaked. The first leaked through the diaper (not out the sides), through her leggings, and left the car seat wet. The second leaked through the diaper and through her zipper. There was only like 3.5 hours in between diapers.

scoop22
04-24-2007, 06:22 PM
ds pees ALOT!!!! there are times that he pees more than others. i would monitor this. ds likes to drink alot. i try not to give him much in the evenings. we have very few soaked nights..
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

bisous
04-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm not trying to be alarmist AT ALL so please don't take offense. I just thought that I might mention that drinking a lot and subsequently wetting a lot is a very typical symptom of Type 1 Diabetes. That is how I "diagnosed" my DS. HOnestly, though, in addition to his frequent drinking and excessive urination, I knew that there was something else going on, even though it was difficult for other people to see any problem. If you are at all concerned, talk to your ped. It is likely nothing at all but just so that you are aware of all possibilities.

randomkid
04-24-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree - I would go to the ped who can do a simple test to put your mind at ease. Like PP said, excessive thirst and urination can indicate diabetes. I'd want to get it checked out.

kozachka
04-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Just to give you an idea of how much an older child can pee at one time. DS likes to pee in a (plastic) glass to see how much he pees :eyeroll so on the mornings when I am not in the bathroom to make sure he goes into the toilet and this idea strikes him, I get to see a FULL glass (150-200 ml) of urine. That would flood any diaper. DS sleeps through the night most nights and drinks as much as he wants in the evenings.

Tondi G
04-25-2007, 12:16 AM
I find if my DS drinks a lot of water he pees more than if he is drinking milk. Wierd cause liquid is liquid but its something I've noticed!

What size diaper is she in?? Maybe it's time to move up a size! I always knew when it was time to move up cause we'd have more pee leaks! A bigger diaper size always did the trick!

~Tondi