PDA

View Full Version : OT: Rosie leaving the View - Thoughts?

kayte
04-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Statement says it is because they could not reach a contract agreement...

What are your thoughts on her leaving? And do you think that is really the reason?

candybomiller
04-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Thoughts: That didn't last long.

jk3
04-25-2007, 09:55 AM
That's too bad if it's true. I'm a fan!

Jenn
DS 6/03
& cautiously expecting in May!

Fairy
04-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I have mixed feelings on Rosie in general. I like many things about her, but I dislike others. However, I think she was great for The View. Joy Behar is the only thing on that panel even remotely close to saying what's really on her mind, and that's really not saying much. Rosie may have stirred the pot, but that's what that show is about, different viewpoints from different people on controversial topics so as to MAKE YOU THINK. She was hated for her not only liberal views, but very controversial opinionated stances.

I guess I don't understand why you bring on someone that you know is going to stir the pot, and then fire her for stirring the pot. I am quite sure she was asked to leave. I'm sure Bill O'Reilly is doing a happy dance that I'll hear about on Stephanie Miller tomorrow.

The worst part of this whole thing is that Carroll Spinney got robbed of an acceptance speech for his lifetime achievement award at the Daytime Emmys last year so that BahBah WahWah could come out and steal his time just to announce that Rosie was replacing Meredith on The View. Steal 40 years of Big Bird and Oscar, deprive him of speaking for two lousy minutes, so that the Crypt Keeper can announce that Look-I-Grew-My-Hair-Back would be appearing on her dumb talk show. Just so she could fire her a year later. Thanks.

Corie
04-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Seriously, your last paragraph cracked me up! Barbara Walters as the Crypt Keeper
is perfect!

If I lived in the area, I would so want to hang out! I think all I would do
is laugh. :)

megs4413
04-25-2007, 10:55 AM
rosie's the only reason i try and catch the view now...and i'm a conservative! bad news for the view!

Jenn98
04-25-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't watch the View regularly, or go out of my way to see Rosie, but I have to say that the few times I did see her on the View it was more like it was the Rosie show with a bunch of co-hosts. I felt like she really dominated the conversations and that annoyed me.

megs4413
04-25-2007, 12:05 PM
very true....i think i'd like to see her have her own show again.

janeybwild
04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
She didn't work for me as part of a team so I for one am glad to see a change.

table4three
04-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Personally, I'm glad to see the change. I never disliked her until she started on the View. She's overpowering and it is less about the panel and more about her lately, which annoys me. I'm curious to see how they will replace her.

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]

kellij
04-25-2007, 01:12 PM
I like her. I'm disappointed that she's leaving. I think she has an interesting view point that is different, and she's consistent about it. She has such a strong personality, I think people tend to have an opinion one way or the other about her, which I think is good when the show is called "The View."

madelinesmom
04-25-2007, 01:24 PM
>I'm sure Bill O'Reilly is doing a happy dance
>

I am not so sure about this... what will he have to talk about now... The Baldwin story can't last that long... Rush Limbaugh says he has his best material when Democrats are in charge of something.

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

Fairy
04-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Ah, so true.

c914
04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I won't miss her, she is too overpowering. There is a reason they only gave her a 1 year contract. That show has been on its way down ever since Meridith left. It will be interesting now that they'll have 2 vacancies (Stars and hers) to fill. Rosie makes some good points at times, but no matter how light or heavy the topic it always comes back to her, it seems.

Carla

jamsmu
04-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Awww Shucks! You mean I won't have to listen to her obnoxious comments and loudness everytime I try to listen to a panel of speakers?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I never watch the show and never saw her on it. But her antics were highly embarassing on their own. As someone recently said somewhere, we live with a global media and american news doesn't just stay in america. Whether it's political,social or anything else,when it hits the airwaves it goes everywhere.
Celebrities should keep this in mind, unfortunatly it seems that too often they don't. No doubt there's some person in another country looking at the bladwin situation saying "see how horrid the americans are, look at how they treat their children."
For rosie it was just plain wrong of her to come out in baldwins defense, she also apparently misbehaved badly at a society function at the waldorf astoria. At least that's what I caught on O'reilly this morning. I don't even know why I was listening to that. But during the broadcast Donald trump called in and pretty much verified that disney (who owns abc) wanted to cut her off. That she was too much of a loose cannon and they were tired of cleaning up after her. Trump said he'd come on o'reillys show tonight via telephone and say it again.
As for bahbah, shame on her. Carrol spinney deserves so much more respect than that. As hank hill would say "That just tears it!"

scoop22
04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
i liked rosie much better when she had her own show. i like the view. i just don't like them together. it will be interesting to see what happens to the show considering they never hired anyone for stars position.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

mdb78
04-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I liked Rosie when she had her own show, but on The View, no..
She annoyed the hell out of me. Hello, it's called The View, not only Rosie's View!

fortato
04-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Unless they replace Rosie with Alec Baldwin!

hwin708
04-27-2007, 07:50 PM
It's too bad. Rosie was really the only reason I tune into The View from time to time.

I agree with others that she could be overwhelming, and take complete charge of the conversation away from the other cohosts. But that is because she has a strong VIEW, which is what the show is supposed to be about. As far as I'm concerned, the problem isn't with her, it's with the other cohosts, for not being able to provide a strong counterpoint of their own. I, a liberal, obviously hate Elizabeth, but not because she's conservative, but because she has absolutely no real knowledge or opinion of her own, beyond siding conservative every time. The show would be much better served if they got a conservative in there with some actual knowledge of what she was speaking about, so there could be an actual debate, instead of Rosie just talking over Elizabeth's nonsense. I so vividly remember the time some guest put down Laura Bush, and Elizabeth was so outraged and said Laura Bush had been an amazing First Lady. When asked what she had done, Elizabeth said "She works with children.. and she's great with children... and her work with children." I'm not a Laura Bush fan, but I could have come up with a few more reasons than that to defend her.

As for why she's leaving - I do believe the contract story. In response to the above post about why they only signed her for a year - she only wanted the year contract. The sticking point on this contract negotiation, which is where it fell apart, was that she wanted to resign again for a year, and they wanted her for 3. No way ABC wanted her gone. The View's ratings were up, and it was being talked about nearly every week on nearly every major news network and publication. You may disagree with Rosie, but she did revive the dying View.