PDA

View Full Version : DH's day - so sad it's funny!

Thatchermom
04-27-2007, 01:35 PM
This is long, but somebody has to hear the wild day DH had yesterday. Some people get paid lots of money to make stuff like this up. It’s really unbelievable!

DH has found a local job to interview for, which actually looks promising. We have been waiting for two weeks for a job he interviewed for in Texas to make up their minds about a next step. The stress has been huge waiting for that phone to ring.

So yesterday DH was to have a second lunchtime interview with the local job. He went to a painting job in the morning, cleaned up and changed in the restroom. He got in the elevator to go down the four floors to leave – and the elevator broke and stuck with him in it!! He was able to use the call system to request that help be sent, but it was over an hour before the elevator techs and firemen got him out. He had cell service for about 2 minutes while in the elevator, during which he tried to contact his appointment, but he wasn’t sure they ever heard him. DH is claustrophobic, so he was pretty shaken by the time he got out.

He called when he was out and the guys were able to flex and meet him at this later time (they had gotten his garbled message! Yay!) Being kind of flustered after all this, he got lost on the way (SOOO not my DH to get lost!) and was late AGAIN. They talked him through getting there on his cell, which he then forgot to turn off when he got there. About halfway through the interview, his cell rings. It is finally the Texas church calling back – and he had to reject the call! And of course, the guy wasn’t in when he tried to call him back later…

He finally gets back to the painting job, explains why he was gone three hours instead of one, and works late getting his stuff done. He leaves to come home in bad traffic, and gets rear-ended – in the BORROWED car he has so that he could go to the interview! There was no damage at all, but what an end to an already crazy day.

Of all the hard days that have left us in tears the last six months, we just spent the evening laughing. And shaking our heads a lot. Who could ever think all this up for one day??? I wonder what today will bring...

trentsmom
04-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Oh, what a horrible day! I'm glad you two were able to laugh about it so soon. Well, I guess it was either laugh or cry!

I hope your DH hears very soon from the job that he is meant to have.

mariza
04-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Wow, poor guy! Keep us posted on the job, I hope you get the one you want :)

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

elliput
04-27-2007, 01:59 PM
It sounds like something really, really good is about to happen, Susan! Your DH used up all the bad luck yesterday.

JoyNChrist
04-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Oh wow! I agree with Erica - something good is definitely on the horizon.

anamika
04-27-2007, 02:25 PM
I agree with Erica - I'm superstitious like that.
Sounds great that he has a couple of options open and glad that you were able to laugh about it.

Puddy73
04-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow, what a day! Poor guy. Your story reminds me of the section in "Hop on Pop" about the "Sad Dad." [Dad is sad, very, very sad. He had a bad day. What a day Dad had.] I read this story to DD far, far too often!

Hope you hear good news about the Texas job soon!!!!!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

maestramommy
04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Wow! I'm glad you guys laughed, it does sound like one of those days. I mean nothing terrible happened, just everything that could go haywire did! I hope that your DH gets the right offer for all of you.

trumansmom
04-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Me, too. :)

And I think it's great that you guys were able to laugh about it. What else can you do?

Good luck!!
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

KrisM
04-27-2007, 11:23 PM
What a day! Most sounds unbelievable, so I'm glad you guys could laugh about it instead of stress even more!

I hope he hears from Texas soon! Let us know what happens.