PDA

View Full Version : Window Treatment suggestions

niccig
04-27-2007, 02:29 PM
We need window treatments ASAP, but as the bay window is long/awkward shape, I want someone to come to the house so they can make suggestions on what will work in that space. All the catalogs I get in th email, smith and noble etc, you buy on phone or online. Any companies that come to your house???
TIA

hudsonam
04-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Smith & Noble has people to come to your house depending on your location. Did you check to see if they have anyone near you? I think JC Penney will do it too. Good luck!

niccig
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I'll lokok into that. I stopped at one place and talked to someone. She said to take measurements and to come back and talk to them, as I could only it's a weird size. Off to look at catalogs!

dawell0
04-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Depending on what type of window treatments you are interested in, your local Home Depot or Lowes may have that service. A guy that was hired by Home Depot came to our house and measured all our windows for faux wood blinds. They had a number of other options though too, including some fabrics. They do all custom orders and could accommodate all the windows that we had. We chose to do most of the windows but not a couple that were specifically weird-shaped.

hez
04-27-2007, 08:01 PM
If a furniture store has interior designers, you might be able to get one of them to come measure at your house. My girlfriend worked for Lazarus (now Macy's) and measured for us. The assumption being, of course, that you'll buy the blinds/treatments through that designer.