PDA

View Full Version : OT: Photo purses - is it possible NOT to break the bank?

Melanie
04-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Any recommendations? I am not talking about the slip-in snapshot style, but the kind where the photo is printed on the bag.

Mother's Day is coming quickly!

tia

s7714
04-27-2007, 04:18 PM
I ordered two of the large purses from PersonalCreations.com a couple years ago. (At the time they had the best pricing, but I honestly haven't looked to see what the going rate is at other places now. I know PC is still cheaper than a couple of the online photo places like Shutterfly though.)
http://search.personalcreations.com/search.aspx?search_words=purse%20panel
I liked these because you can also order just a new panel to snap in and update the bag w/o having to buy a whole new bag again. I've bought new panels for my mom and MIL the past couple Christmas's so they can update their bags.

HTH,
Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

kijip
04-27-2007, 11:01 PM
I like Laura Bee's Designs here in Seattle, but I don't know what you consider breaking the bank :)

http://www.laurabeedesigns.com/category.html?UCIDs=1221744

They are all made by hand here in Seattle. I have a checkbook cover and a wallet from them but nothing with a photo. Still, the stuff is pretty cute.

Twin Mom
04-27-2007, 11:20 PM
www.bagettes.com is very reasonably priced. I ordered my mom and MIL each a cosmetic bag for Mother's Day. I haven't seen either one yet but my mom said it was really nice.

HTH.

egfmba
04-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Gina Alexander does some very lovely purses. I have a cousin w/ 2. They're expensive, IMO, but if you sign up for her mailing list on her website, she'll send emails w/ discounts and free w/ purchase items.

I think the deadlines for Mother's Day are approaching and her giveaways w/ a MD purchase are expired, though.

But, FWIW, they're absolutely beautiful!

eva

Melanie
04-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks ladies, I've been checking these out. I ended up going with a Kathy Lo pendant for MD instead, but I'm going to keep these in mind for birthdays or holidays!