PDA

View Full Version : DH Was On The Early Show! (Link To Video)

randomkid
04-28-2007, 01:05 AM
I know it's not that big of a deal, but we thought it was pretty cool. DH is in the very beginning of the segment - he's the physical therapist working with Mark McEwen. Funny thing is...Mark is using his experience to educate people about stroke, but his stroke educated me about him. I never really watched morning TV, so I had no idea how famous he was and how many famous and amazing people he had met and interviewed until he had his stroke and DH was working with him. He had given up the network news, moved here to our city and was the anchor on the local news. He has made an AMAZING recovery - he literally almost died and had significant residual impairments. He is a great person to do what he is doing.

BTW, no breach of confidentiality here since he is on national TV talking about his experience.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=2734594n

Lovingliv
04-28-2007, 10:49 AM
how cool is that :)

it will be nice to archive for DDs!

shilo
04-28-2007, 11:49 AM
oh fun! i like seeing positive media stories where PT's are featured rather than the normal schlock. i'm always so disappointed when people say "oh, you're a PT? you mean like Daphne on Fraiser" um, no, I'm not a live in housekeeper and personal chef, sorry.

fun for your DH! he doesn't have to wear a tie everyday, does he?!?

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

randomkid
04-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Not everyday, but he's the manager of the outpt clinic where he works, so often he does. He still sees patients on occasion, but not as often as he did when Mark was a patient there.

karolyp
04-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Wow Kim - that is cool!!!! Kuddos to your husband!!!

mommy111
04-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Wow! That's awesome, you must be so excited! make sure you have a recording saved to show DD when she's a little older!