PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Dustbusters that last ????

JustMe
04-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I am on my 2nd kind of dustbuster. I don't remember what I had first, but this is a Black N Decker 9.6 V. I bought this one b/c my sister had one and said it lasted for a long time. Mine stopped working for a while, and then I figured I needed to change the filter. Went to many stores, and none carried the filter it needed. Finally thought I found a filter on e-bay, but it doesnt stay in place. So, now I am looking for a new dustbuster...do any models NOT use filters...or are their models with filters that are easy to find? What works for you?

TIA,
Robyn

Momof3Labs
04-28-2007, 07:19 PM
We've had quite a few B&D dustbusters, but do have to replace them periodically (every 3-4 years, with heavy daily use) when the rechargable battery goes on them. Now, when I buy the dustbuster, I get a couple of extra filters to have on hand (I normally buy at the B&D outlet near us, so they sell all that stuff). Make sure you buy the right filter for your model or it will not work.

american_mama
04-30-2007, 04:04 PM
I highly recommend one in this thread:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=68966&mesg_id=68966&page=&topic_page=2

I bought it after it was recommended here in the Lounge, so you can do a search here for that thread.

JustMe
05-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Karen, I am able to see the link you listed, but I am not sure which dustbuster you recommend. Is it the one you mentioned in the link or the one someone else mentioned?

Sorry if I am missing the obvious.

Robyn

BeachBum
05-01-2007, 06:59 AM
My husband's big request for christmas was the dyson dustbuster. It is awesome!

american_mama
05-01-2007, 12:18 PM
This is the one I recommend:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=215507-70-CHV1400&lpage=none

$40 at Bed Bath and Beyond, down to $32 with their 20% off coupon.

I have actually bought four, two for each level of my house and two as gifts. My sister likes hers; my mother has lost her charger so doesn't use it.