PDA

View Full Version : Chin hair.

fortato
04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Spill it.

I know I am not the only one.

Do you have a single hair growing out of your chin??? How old were you when you found it, and what is your excuse as to why it's there.

I was 30, and it's because of the Pill.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

fortato
04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Spill it.

I know I am not the only one.

Do you have a single hair growing out of your chin??? How old were you when you found it, and what is your excuse as to why it's there.

I was 30, and it's because of the Pill.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

madelinesmom
04-29-2007, 11:11 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I thought I was the only one!!!!!!!!!!

I have one black coarse hair on my chin, it showed up after I had Madeline, I blame my daughter of course!!!!!!!!

I assume when she is a teenager it will turn gray.

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

madelinesmom
04-29-2007, 11:11 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I thought I was the only one!!!!!!!!!!

I have one black coarse hair on my chin, it showed up after I had Madeline, I blame my daughter of course!!!!!!!!

I assume when she is a teenager it will turn gray.

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

Fairy
04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
No, actually. But I'd gladly trade you your chin hair for the gray ones on my head that I pay good money to have colored back to the shade that was originally intended. Or very close to it. With highlights. That I intended. Is that a fair trade?

Fairy
04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
No, actually. But I'd gladly trade you your chin hair for the gray ones on my head that I pay good money to have colored back to the shade that was originally intended. Or very close to it. With highlights. That I intended. Is that a fair trade?

fortato
04-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Heck no...I've already got some of those. But they are a #9 blonde this week.

fortato
04-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Heck no...I've already got some of those. But they are a #9 blonde this week.

Aunt to sweet baby boy
04-30-2007, 12:45 AM
I have a solitary blond chin hair on the left side of my face. The hair is very very light and it is hard to see it to pluck, so sometimes i see this long hair and wonder how i missed it. I first saw it about 4 years ago when i was getting my makeup done at a makeup counter for a party. My mom was with me and looked at my face and noticed it. Since then i am pretty self concious about it, especially because it "hides" from me all the time.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061128/V76Q.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/wYA-m8/.png[/img][/url]

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-30-2007, 02:30 AM
I have the solitary blond one too. Makes it so hard to pluck. I just love the strip of for better or for worse when elly is fiddleing with her chin hair and elizabeth finally just snaps and yells at her to just go pluck it.
But I think what's worse is the half an eyebrow I've always been missing because it's blond and won't hold dye.

JBaxter
04-30-2007, 06:43 AM
I have 3 that have been there FOREVER. They get plucked whey I fix the unibrow.

*** Edited to add. When I was working as a dental hygienist I kept a pair of tweezers in my drawer. I had group of elderly ladies who I routinely "helped" out with a few plucking of the strays. It was funny one of them would say just check my chin first I cant see very well anymore ( these ladies OF COURSE DROVE IN).

Puddy73
04-30-2007, 08:41 AM
You are not alone! I have one that showed up when I got pregnant with DD. That sucker is able to grow an inch overnight. I obsessively rub my chin to make sure that I catch it before DD sees it and tells me to shave.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Sillygirl
04-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Just the one - it's pretty coarse, so I usually find it by feel. I once discovered it had grown again when I was on vacation and didn't have tweezers! It was too short to really grab with my fingernails but I eventually got it. Actually, it hasn't put in an appearance since I got pregnant with Alex - maybe it's gone for good?

My sister has a bunch - she got them lasered before her wedding, because plucking would cause her to break out. She says it was money well spent.

kedss
04-30-2007, 10:59 AM
yep, can't remember when I started to notice it, maybe when Rosie O'Donnell had her show and she talked about how long her chin hairs were, I looked at my chin and sure enough...

I'm guessing that was a few years ago...oy!

hez
04-30-2007, 11:25 AM
One-- it's just under my jaw. DH found it in church one day-- thought it was a stray hair & grabbed it. Ouch!

I was probably ~30, and I have no excuse. Just glad it's blonde at the moment :)

katiesmommy
04-30-2007, 11:29 AM
I think I have a total of 3. I noticed them about a year ago. All or right around the jaw bone area. My excuse, it's hereditary.

jenjenfirenjen
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I have really high testoterone so I have quite a few chins hair, peach fuzz on my face, have to wax my upper lip and have hairy arms (gee, don't I sound like a beauty queen.) I keep tweezers in my car because invariable the sunlight makes them show up more and I'll notice dark chin hair in the rearview mirror while I'm driving.

ShanaMama
04-30-2007, 01:20 PM
LOL! My friend's mother used to humiliate her by keeping a tweezer in the car. When she stopped at red lights, she'd touch up her eyebrows & whatever else needed it. "But sunlight is so much better!"

ShanaMama
04-30-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm so happy I'm not alone! I'm only 23 & I've noticed one or two lately. I plucked them right out, but now I'm hyper conscious. I have very dark hair & I'm very well endowed in the unibrow & sideburn areas. Thank G-d for waxing & bleach.

ShanaMama
04-30-2007, 01:24 PM
OK, please share what you do about the peach fuzz. Mine is darkish (not as dark as my hair, but darker than I want it.)
I tried waxing, but the beautician wouldn't do my cheeks, only sideburns, so that only accentuated it more. Now I'm bleaching but I think the bleach is contributing to my non-stop breakouts.
They weren't kidding when they said it hurts to be beautiful.

jenjenfirenjen
04-30-2007, 01:28 PM
My peach fuzz is truly peachy. Very light blonde hair. Not that noticeable unless I'm in the sun and then you can see the light reflect off of it. So I've never done anything about it. But I had friends who had darker hair and they had it removed with a procedure called threading. They were of Middle Eastern and Indian descent so they had it done at an Indian beauty salon. But I do know one friend's daughter in Houston has her face threaded at Visible Changes (don't know if that's a national chain or not.)

deborah_r
04-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Um, one chin hair? One? I'd be ecstatic with one. I have to scan the whole perimeter of my jaw and neck daily for hairs. Nto sure why, but my sister and mother have the same problem.

I'm actually really depressed about it lately, because it seems like I always have a red mark somewhere from trying to work a hair out of there. I tried doing a litle cream hair removal thing, but it did weird things to my skin. (like you use for lip hair removal).

psophia17
04-30-2007, 01:38 PM
From when I hit puberty (13ish), I started having one lonely white whisker in the middle of my right cheek. I call it a whisker because it was hard, like a bristle.

It was slow-growing, and I would pull it out every 6 weeks or so. It stopped coming back while I was pg w/ N. At that time, I sprouted one lonely black whisker at the bottom of my chin. It starts as a black dot, and I can pluck it when it starts looking like a blackhead.

I also have one black hair on my neck, just beyond the jawline, that showed up when I was pg with R. DH has to get that one for me, because I can't see it.

amck
04-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I am truly loving the honesty of this post!!!! Just the other day I was lamenting the fact that I don't have any "true" girlfriends nearby. You know, the ones who will TELL YOU when you have a chin hair that needs to be plucked!!! (Am not quite brave enuf to ask DH to take a look!)

ShanaMama
04-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks. I have heard of it, but never thought about using it for that. Gotta check it out.

maestramommy
04-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes! I found a single blond hair growing out UNDER my chin a few years back. Never noticed it because it was really thin, but one day I guess the sunlight hit it, and a friend pointed it out. I think I was around 30. Really bizzare. Once it a while I used to see it again and pull it out. I haven't seen it in a while though.

tylersmama
04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Amen, sister! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one! Once upon a time, it used to be one, maybe two chin hairs. Now I have to check daily, if not two or three times a day to see if any new ones have sprouted since the last tweezing. It drives me absolutely crazy. I really need to look into the laser hair removal thing...

deborah_r
04-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Yep, I've got two going today that are not quite long enough to pluck and I can't stop messing with them. Can you really get laser hair removal for randomly sprouting hairs? I don't think (for me) they come out in the same places every time. Although I definitely have a couple spots I can usually count on finding a "chin sprout" as I like to call them.

thomma
04-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Let's just say that I could probably grow a better beard than my husband.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

cstack
04-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I keep tweezers in my car, 'cuz I find that they don't hide as well when you're in the car (natural sunlight, I guess).

newnana
04-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I was a senior in HS. I was walking through the bleachers getting ready to do something and one of my male friends stopped me and pointed it out in front of the pep rally crowd. That one is blond.

I also have one that periodically grows overnight in the center of my forehead. That one is dark brown. At least I have bangs to cover it if I would get out of the house without seeing it.

What about my freakin 'stache though. Dude. That sucks.

saschalicks
04-30-2007, 11:35 PM
I was getting embarrassed about the fact that I have a bunch. My DH plucks them for me. I'm thinking of getting that new cream that stops hair growth b/c I cannot afford laser which I would do in a second. They grow all on my jaw line. I started noticing them about 6 years ago. When I got pregnant the first time they got pregnant and multiplied.