PDA

View Full Version : In addition to my chin hair post...

fortato
04-30-2007, 08:30 PM
This is about my mom...I find it funny... some of you might be just amused, but I don't care...I think it's wicked funny.

OK- not too long ago, my mother spent the night here. She was sitting on the futon chatting with me. I talked about my chin hair growing and wanted to know when I got so damn old... and she starts to tell me about how she hit a certain age and her leg hair just stopped growing- while she is telling me this, she is rubbing her shin.

I told her she was crazy, and she says "No, really. See?"
So, I take a gander at her shin, and I was stunned at what I saw....

The patch she was rubbing was certainly devoid of any hair...HOWEVER. The rest of her lower leg was quite hairy. Like, you could cut it with scissors.
I said "Um, mum... I think you rubbed all the hair off that one spot, there's plenty of hair on the rest of your leg... ya Yeti."

Here's the funny part--She didn't believe me....
I had to turn the desk lamp on and spotlight her hairy ass legs.
She was beside herself... she couldn't believe that she hadn't noticed.

I guess when you hit 60, and wear stretch pants all the time, you don't notice your leg hair. This is what I have to look forward to.

Thank you for listening... It was much funnier in person.

Corie
04-30-2007, 08:36 PM
OMG, I am totally laughing my ass off!!

Can't wait to meet you at our BBB Meet-up! :)

newnana
04-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Okay, now that IS wicked funny. Tell her that no- it's her eyesight that went!

Hilarious! I feel so bad for those chicks that can't talk to there mom about everything and laugh about it!
Michelle

fortato
04-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh, you mean she's supposed to wear the glasses...and not just on the top of her head like a funky headband???

I'm scared because these are the genes she passed on to me.

maestramommy
04-30-2007, 11:54 PM
ACtually, that was very funny! She should start rubbing the rest of her legs. :P

elliput
05-01-2007, 07:26 AM
LOL! How funny!

newnana
05-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Ooh, that's a great idea. I'm off to go rub my legs in the high hopes that I'll never have to shave again!
Michelle

mommy111
05-01-2007, 05:02 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

tina-t
05-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Very funny!!!

Dcclerk
05-02-2007, 12:15 AM
You are right-- it is funny :) I am sitting by myself at the computer laughing aloud. It isn't often that you get to call your mom a yeti. Thank god for stretch pants... ;) :P

fortato
05-02-2007, 09:10 AM
I haven't worn stretch pants in ages...(when they were cool in Jr. High- so around 1986) I wonder at what age I have to start wearing them again. It seems like all the old ladies in my mum's circle are wearing them... so, maybe I have 30 years to go.

I also wonder...at what age does your hair stop growing down and start poofing up. My mother's hair is a lot like Estelle Costanza on Seinfeld. Just a puffy red cloud on the top of her head.

hudsonam
05-02-2007, 09:15 AM
LMAO!!! I would love to tell my MIL to do something about the beard she's sporting. ;)

kellij
05-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh my gosh, that literally made me cry. That's fabulous.

MMEand1
05-02-2007, 11:29 PM
I am laughing so hard, I can't breathe!!! No really, that is the funniest thing I have heard all day.

The yeti part is what got me. Oh my...that was too funny!
MP