PDA

View Full Version : Work from home opps?

SAHMIL
04-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to find working from home opportunities that aren't necessarily things like sales type things. (although I have them as a backup) I am a teacher, so anything towards online teaching would be fine, or any other work or reputable links towards other work from home opps. My DS is only a month old, but I just can't see myself putting him in daycare, etc.

Please advise.

kijip
04-30-2007, 10:33 PM
The best legit work from home jobs are related to your existing credentials and expertise. ie, I am a non-profit manager so writing grants from home or consulting with start-up non-profits, or database set up for non-profit data and statistical needs are feasible for me. Since you are teacher I recommend grading, tutoring, online teaching. If you are an English teacher, perhaps editing (I have friends that do this who used to teach). Legit, no skill set needed, WAH jobs are rare.

starboardjen
04-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Have you checked out craigslist.com for your area? I know of one company that hires SAHMs for some research. www.knowlandgroup.com

robinsonbn
05-01-2007, 03:39 AM
What exactly do they do? Are you sure they aren't a scam? I am glad you posted about this I have been trying to find something. Anyone heard of the M.O.M team?

JoyNChrist
05-01-2007, 05:41 AM
Do you have master's in education?

I know that several online universities recruit master's-level teachers to mentor their distance-education students (kind of like being an academic advisor at a traditional college). It might be something to check into...

annex
05-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Have you thought about online tutoring? Tutor.com is a major name in that area. I think they pay pretty low though (like $10/hr) from what I've heard.

trumansmom
05-01-2007, 02:47 PM
M.O.M. team is sales. I can't remember what it stands for or what they sell, but I do know if you get on their email list it takes a long, long time to get off. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

SAHMIL
05-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Do you know where I could find out about that?