PDA

View Full Version : Does your daycare put sunscreen on the kids' faces?

hudsonam
05-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Our toddler coordinator says she doesn't put sunscreen on the kids' faces because it can get in their eyes. Well, that's great, but I'd rather take that slim chance then have my DS get skin cancer. A hat isn't going to protect them 100%, and they may not even keep it on. What does your center do?

lilycat88
05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Absolutely. Every uncovered inch gets covered with sunscreen. I just make sure I send in one that isn't likely to irritate her eyes.

cilantromapuche
05-01-2007, 09:27 AM
yes and they provide it unless you send it in. You have to sign a waiver though. Love our daycare!

kedss
05-01-2007, 09:28 AM
We did it for the four year olds, each kid brought their own from home, labeled with their name, and we put it on the kids.

bubbaray
05-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Yes. We put it on her in the morning before she goes to daycare. She has a bottle there, plus a hat. Our DCP puts it on again in the afternoon. We had to sign a waiver allowing the DCP to put on sunscreen (and administer Rxs).

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

table4three
05-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Yup - they put it all over. We are responsible for putting it on before he gets dropped off in the am, and they reapply it after lunch/nap for the afternoon.

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]

Piglet
05-01-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't think they do, but it isn't really hot/sunny here yet - they are all still wearing fleeces when they go for walks. They do wear hats, which honestly I prefer to sunscreen, if the hat says on. I know that sunscreen is important, but I don't like the idea of putting chemicals on kids more than I have to. If they are only outside for 30-60 minutes a day and can get out when it isn't super sunny (they go for a walk at 10 am), then I am happier if they simply use hats. Again, maybe I am just out of the loop, since we are in Canada and it isn't all that intensely sunny here yet. In a few months, I think they would be going outside more and spending more time in the sun, in which case, I would want sunscreen on.

sdbc
05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
We have to put on the morning coat, and DCP puts on an afternoon coat. The afternoon coat doesn't go on so well since it's hard for 1 person to fully coat 5 wiggly kids. We make sure to put on something that will last on her skin all day (for the spots that get missed).

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

SnuggleBuggles
05-01-2007, 10:17 AM
At ds' preschool we are supposed to do lotion before they come to school. They do reapply, even on their faces, though if it is a long day or the kids get wet.

Beth

Kungjo
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Our DCP requests that we provide our DD with a sunscreen stick w/her name on it and they apply it on her before they go out.

sadie427
05-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Ours applies it, if we provide it and sign a form. Hats aren't very reliable at this age.

elephantmeg
05-02-2007, 07:24 AM
yes she does and I love her for it. I LOVE to pick him up and he's all dirty knees and smells of sunscreen and happy!