PDA

View Full Version : American Idol, Anyone?

Fairy
05-02-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm so torn! MindyDoo has a career, no doubt about it. She's a Chris Daughtry right this very minute. I love Blake so much, and I also really adore Jordin. So, I'm probably rooting for MindyDoo, but I'm ok with a Blake or Jordin win, too! Here's my opinionated breakdown. What do you all think?

Blake - Oh good god, I think I'm in Heaven. This was unbelieveable. Now, I love Jon Bon Jovi, and what he said about it not being a great idea to mess with this song, I was thinking the same thing. But I thought it was spectacular. Sometimes, you hear a remake on the radio, and you say, jeez, did that song really need to be remade? But this rendition was wonderful. Six weeks or so without a hint of a beatbox proved that they guy has real live talent. This was a great week to bring it back. I'm completely on board. Loved it SO MUCH. Will be more than enough to overcome any lost votes from last week's less than stellar, "Imagine." Staying.

LaKisha - Holy Moly, we was SMOKIN'! LaKiKi, my friend, I am all over this one. Just flawless, as far as I'm concerned. After several weeks kind of floundering, you are so back! In addition to wonderful vocals, the performance, itself, was really beautiful to watch. Full of emotion and an honesty that really sold it. DO IT AGAIN NEXT WEEK! Only thing is that there's a possibility that last week's song will bring you down and keep you in the bottom 3, and I worry that Phil being the new votefortheworst guy might make you the fall guy, here. Crossing my fingers! And I dunno where I've been, but you've lost a ton of weight, haven't you? You're like me; lose lots of weight, but the boobs don't get smaller. It's a curse. So, I haven't noticed the weight loss till last night. Nice job! Now my turn. Staying.

Jordin - Uh oh. Ok, now, for me, this was not horrible. I disagreed with all the judges and just didn't see it being nearly as bad as they said. But I loved how you took it and were on board and really honest with yourself. After weeks and weeks or nothing but love from those judges, to hear negativity for the first time would bring most people to speechlessness, but you were great! I loved the hair and outfit ... for THIS performance. Don't go changin', tho. There's a possibility that this perrformance will bring you to the bottom 3, but after last week's magnificence, i don't think so. Staying.

MindyDoo- I didn't love this performance <duck!>. She's not a rocker. Now, she did pull it off nicely, no doubt about that. She was believeable, and she brought an authenticity to it simply because she does nothing halfway. But Rock is not her thing. A modern and 21st Century Gladys Knight is her thing. I loved the early Tina Turner in this, but if she had to do rock every week, she would be in trouble. Staying.

Phil- Were the judges hearing something I wasn't? Did not like this. At all. And I think that we've learned that just about everyone who sings a song that has lyrics that include things like "going home" or "going down" are prophetic. He just may be going down in a blaze of glory, indeed. I like this guy so much, but I just don't think he's better than everyone else still there. He's as good as Chris only they excel at different things. Only thing is this --> He's the new poster boy over at votefortheworst.com. So, he'll be bottom 3. If it were just one going home, I don't think it would be him. Since two are going, I think he'll be the 2nd lowest scorer. Goner!

Chris- Not. Good. Better than some of his performances, but I was not impressed. This was not his best performance, tho there have been worse. My prediction is that he's the lowest-scoring. Goner!

crAbbymom
05-02-2007, 11:43 AM
I love love loved Blake last night! I was actually sweating, worried about him butchering the song, but I loved it! Poor Jordyn...I love her, but last night was not so good. Good thing last week was a good week for her. Those are the only 2 I've voted for the past 2 weeks.

I don't care for MindyDoo. <DUCK!> She sounds good, but to me...everything she sings sounds the same. Call me crazy, but I think she's boring.

I thought Phil and Chris were OK. Not terrible but not terrific either. Personality wise, I like Phil a LOT better than Chris.

I really like LaKisha, but I don't see her winning it. I agree with Fairy in that Phil and Chris will be at the bottom, but I think LaKisha may be joining them because of her performance last week.

Just my $.02!

trumansmom
05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, I didn't love Blake, Jordin's or Melinda's performances, but LaKisha was awesome!! I was so happy she finally got another good performance out there.

I absolutely agree with you on who is staying and going though.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

megs4413
05-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Blake--CANNOT STAND HIM! i hated the way he effed up a classic BonJovi song. having said that, i've never liked him. i hate beatboxing and i hate the way he sings out of the side of his mouth like the guy from maroon 5. i also do not find him attractive in the slightest. i think he might be in trouble tonight, but we'll have to see!

Lakisha--haven't liked her since the first week! she has just had one bad performance after another--UNTIL LAST NIGHT! holy moly! she almost got a vote from me...ALMOST.....i think she's staying, though her numbers were low last week so that might have hurt her.

Jordin--don't like her at all. Wonderful voice. annoying personality. i can't see myself buying/enjoying anything that she might record in the future and last night's performance was awful...her hair was even worse. but i think she's safe safe safe! i expect to see her in the finale....boo!

Melinda--boring. i find her very boring. Dh and I think she looks like Shrek. Last night's performance was terrible, but I think her last week's numbers will balance it out for her and keep her safe, though possibly in the bottom 3.

Phil--love him and hate him at the same time. i think his voice is wonderful and I can totally see myself enjoying stuff he records, BUT he is just not a great performer. He seems very disconnected emotionally from what he's singing. However, the last two weeks in a row he has really done his best. I doubt it will be enough to save him, but the votefortheworst might be...he's definitely at risk tonight.

Chris--love him! he's my hands-down favorite! i think he's gorgeous and i love his voice. I think i'm in the minority, though, so I think he's probably gone tonight which breaks my heart! i think he'll have a successful recording career, though. Just like Daughtry was my favorite last year and then got eliminated before the final...i think that's what will happen this year. Daughtry has been very successful thusfar and i'm hoping similar things play out for my NEW Chris!!!! i'll miss him!

and i love simon...i think he's almost always spot-on with his reviews. paula drives me nuts but is entertaining to watch and randy should really abandon the whole "dawg" thing. it's stupid.

Lovingliv
05-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Fairy,

you hit the nail on the head! I agree,,,,,am hoping that Mindydoo or Kiki take it all!

scoop22
05-02-2007, 12:02 PM
i had to read this word for word. i love your comments!!!! i agree with most. i am a jordin fan here. i like blake but i don't like blake. there is something that irritates me about him. i like phil but i can't say i like his singing all that much. chris is next to go on my list. as for lakisha and melinda EXCELLENT SINGERS!!!!! tough call there. thanks for the post.. i love these.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

TraciG
05-02-2007, 12:15 PM
My vote for winner is Blake or Jordin BUT I think Mindy will be in the top 2.

YEP I agree, Phil & Chris can go tonight !

momma_boo
05-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Wow, that was a great assessment of last night. I pretty much agree with you on everything.

I really LOVED Blake's perfomance last night. So much that I actually voted for the first time this season.

KBecks
05-02-2007, 12:32 PM
I have tivo'd, and only watched Phil last night. Will get to the others now that it is nap time.

ETA: My Idol addiction is wearing off, I don't even watch the results shows anymore. But I can't wait for Project Runway to come back.

ETA2: After watching, I just loved Melinda's performance, and after seeing hers, I struggle to remember the others. I think Blake is a novelty, but he is cute. I really like Jordin, I love her voice and I love that she at least seems to be a very warm, honest and open person, and a pretty amazing 17 year old.

I never have been a Bon Jovi fan, but I admire Jon BJ after seeing him work with the contestants. The songs and lyrics are awesome and his comments were very smart.

Globetrotter
05-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I LOVED Blake's version of the song! I was sitting in disbelief thinking wow, that guy has GUTS to change a classic. But why do a remake if it's exactly the same? I'm glad he doesn't beatbox all the time, but sometimes it's pretty neat.

Melinda is a wonderful singer. PERIOD. She can do anything, I am convinced. She isn't as interesting to me as someone like Blake, but I love her.

I normally love Jordin, but not last night. She has a great voice, though.

I think Phil has gotten much better the past few weeks, but I still don't like him as much as the others. Chris is okay for me, though I think he did a great job last night. As for Lakisha, I think she has a fabulous voice but NO personality. I'm sure she's had a rough life and it shows - I think she puts up a wall. She's a tough cookie!

Kris