PDA

View Full Version : What to do about dry baby hair?

katiesmommy
05-02-2007, 12:29 PM
DD has a patch of very very dry hair on the back of her head. If she's laying on her back, it's right where her head is on the ground. It's gross and sticks out and tangles easily. Not that she has that much hair anyway. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do about it? I've tried conditioners and leave ins and trimming it, I'm starting to think we are just going to have to live with it.

sdbc
05-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Conditioner worked for our DD. We used the Aussie moisture one and Pantene with success. She also only had her hair washed 2x per week.
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

BarbieSmith
05-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Okay, try some lotion. If that does not work, then olive oil. My DD is bi-racial, so I KNOW how to treat dry hair beautifully :)

mommyoftwo
05-03-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm glad you asked this question because I have the exact same problem with Linnea. It looks awful and it's so difficult to deal with, constantly getting tangled and sticking straight out. I haven't had much luck dealing with it either.

luzagirl
05-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Less frequent shampooing and using conditioner worked for us. It was really only a big problem when our DD was little and spent more time on her back so maybe your DD will also "outgrow it."
Clarisa