PDA

View Full Version : anyone else a long time ER watcher? anyone else HATE tonight's episode?

shilo
05-04-2007, 02:49 AM
ok, i admit it, i've watched pretty much every new episode of ER since the show started. being in healthcare myself, i know how ridiculous it is, but somehow, it just always seems to be one i come back to each season. i've gone thru many a cast transition before thinking "it'll never be as good again, i'll stop watching it" and yet, somehow the story line picks back up and i find myself tivo-ing it and still making time to watch.

but i think tonight's episode is really the beginning of the end. i HATED it. the character's have lost interest for me, the storylines are getting weaker (if that's possible :)). i don't know, it's just not the same. tonight's luca/abby wedding was just so contrived and just flat and predictable. not endearing or cute or funny really at all.

anyway, just lamenting the loss of a decade plus fixture in my life i guess.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

scoop22
05-04-2007, 08:14 AM
i didn't watch it. i plan to watch it sometime soon. although lately i haven't made it a priority to watch like i used to. i saw the first few min. though. and little joe was so handsome in his tux. i want to say i saw somewhere that some of the actors are leaving after this season. i have watched this since the beginning but it might be time to go.. so sad...
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

megs4413
05-04-2007, 11:12 AM
i missed it and was upset, but i guess i shouoldn't be!!!

you know i come back year after year....i dont know how they do it.....just when i think i'm not interested in any of the story lines they suck me back in....i think right now i'm watching it JUST for Neela.........

DrSally
05-04-2007, 02:09 PM
It's waiting for me on tivo. I agree, that it's just not as compelling anymore. I almost make myself start the show, and then invariably, it does hold my interest. But, I'm not dying to see it like I used to. I miss Carter.

Bens Momma
05-04-2007, 02:29 PM
DH claims that ER "jumped the shark" with last night's episode (although he still watched it with me!) I agree that it's just not what it used to be, but it IS one of the few shows that I continue to watch. Although it's not as compelling (if that's a fitting word for a TV drama) as it was, I do find some of the storylines interesting or at least entertaining. Last night was a let-down, but I'm glad that they finally got married and I love Luca. Abby was way too annoying last night and I just wanted to say, "enough with the attitude and just marry him!" I was laughing over all of Neela's love sagas though! It's almost like who isn't coming on to her?!?! I hope she ends up with Ray, although the mix-tape thing was a little too sappy and middle schoolish for my taste.
I loved some of the old characters like Carter, Doug, and Mark Greene but I think they could keep it going if they developed the stories a bit better. I flipped between Grey's Anatomy and ER last night and I think Grey's was JUST as sappy and goofy. So let's go back to Grey's at 9 pm and ER and 10 pm with slightly better storylines and I'll be happy!!

After re-reading this post, I realize that I really have to get a life!:7

Fairy
05-05-2007, 12:30 AM
My disappointment comes from other things. Like a PP said, I really only watch these days for Neela. I really love that character. I always liked her with Ray, but then I got into Gates, and now I'm like, ohmigod, PICK A GUY, WRITERS! Then, they go and . . . .

SPOILERS!!!!!

. . . get the one she's obviously chosen all run'd over by a bus?! One year after Michael got blow'd up. Great. Nice, guys.

Me. No. Likey!

I didn't mind the wedding, it was fine. I like Morris and Busy Phillips's character. I don't like that Sarah Gilbert got a credit for having ONE LINE. On the other hand, I did like that every single supporting player got at least one line. You know, there is only one actor in all of them that's been there since the very first episode? Chuney! I'm looking forward to Stanley Tucci's character. We need a new Mark Greene, so maybe he'll be it. He's already got the right hair . . .

AngelaS
05-05-2007, 06:22 AM
I want Neela to wind up w/the curly haired surgeon. ;)

It was lame, but since I've been watching since the beginning of time I feel like sooner or later it HAS to get better!