PDA

View Full Version : She's going to jail!

Sillygirl
05-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Happy dance! Paris Hilton is headed to jail! I know it's rich people jail. I know she'll get all sorts of perks. I know it's only 45 days. But someone finally held her the tiniest bit accountable for her actions. I don't care how much she skanks it up at all, but I freaking HATE drunk drivers. It's such an expression of selfishness and contempt for the rest of us. I'd like to shake the hand of the judge that refused to be intimidated and sent her to the slammer.

On a shallow note, I did love her sentencing outfit.

scoop22
05-04-2007, 08:01 PM
i am out of it.. i am going to have to read up on this topic. thanks
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

Fairy
05-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Honestly, I'm really pleased. When I was in college, I liked to party as much as the next guy, but I never once got behind the wheel. To this day, I rarely drink, but when I do, I have this fear that it's gonn affect me, so I never do if I'm the one driving. Not even a single glass of wine or a beer or anything. I know my limits, and they're darned low. She parties enough and is old enough that she absolutely knows better. She's a great example of the rich thinking the rules don't apply to them. I think the judge was probably making an example of her, as there are lots of celebrities that get fourth chances, but ya know what? Them's the breaks.

Yeah, it was a good outfit!

trumansmom
05-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Everything you guys said. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

shilo
05-05-2007, 12:00 AM
frankly, for aiming a lethal weapon at the general public, i think she got off way too easy. i do agree that i'm glad the judge did hold some ground here.

do you ever stop and wonder what her mother thinks about when she's going to sleep at night? i mean it's not like she can put her head on her pillow and think about how much her daughters are contributing to society, or what strong women they've grown into, etc.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

peasprout
05-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Somehow I don't think her mother thinks like any of us. ;) How do you think Paris got to be the way she is? It's amazing how selfish and shallow many rich "celebrity" moms are. (Watching one episode of the Real Housewives of OC confirmed that to me,...and they're not even celebrities!)
JP

elliput
05-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Kathy Hilton appears to think her daughter should have gotten off scott free.

(Snipped from the AP article)...asked what she thought of the judge's decision, a visibly angry Kathy Hilton responded: "What do you think? This is pathetic and disgusting, a waste of taxpayer money with all this nonsense. This is a joke."

The impression that I get from this statement is that Hilton excrement does not stink.

JBaxter
05-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Did you read the judge wont even allow her to "pay" to go to the jail of her choice. < I didnt even KNOW you could pick a jail LOL>
I wonder if the "special treatment" will backfire in jail. I really wonder how the little rich girl will be treating by the masses.

cstack
05-05-2007, 09:13 AM
>She
>parties enough and is old enough that she absolutely knows
>better.

Unfortunately, it appears that all of the money in the world cannot buy intelligence or common sense.

>Yeah, it was a good outfit!

Oooh! I wanna see it! Where can I find it?

Sillygirl
05-05-2007, 10:10 AM
She will be in protective isolation at the county jail, according to reports. Which is fine - she'd get shanked in ten minutes otherwise and doesn't deserve that. Also, the isolation prisoners spend 23 hours a day in their 12 x 8 cells, so there is a downside.

I love this judge more and more.

KBecks
05-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I just heard that in CA, there is "rich elite people jail" and you pay like $85 a day to stay there. They apparently don't just let anyone in, it's more for celebrities and the wealthy.

I think that's wrong. Crime is crime and punishment is just that. You shouldn't be treated better because you are rich, IMO.

Sillygirl
05-05-2007, 12:17 PM
The article ran this week in the NYT and can be read here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/us/29jail.html?em&ex=1178510400&en=8e935ebe95cf6c46&ei=5070 (Resigstration required or go to www.bugmenot.com for a password.)

I guess, if the government decides that outsourcing prison services to for-profit companies is a good idea, this is the kind of thing you get.

psophia17
05-05-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm really sweet and innocent...what does "shanked" mean?

JBaxter
05-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Its now a generic term for any homemade knife/sharp object you stab someone with. The "original" term was taken from the metal object found in a shoe ( why it beeps when going through a metal detecter)

KBecks
05-05-2007, 04:27 PM
No, I think the government can specify its contracts with whatever kinds of rules it wants. I don't necessarily think this an outsourcing issue.

himom
05-05-2007, 05:11 PM
That pay-to-stay jail seems like the height of unfair to me. Did you see the part about how the most common "clients" are men in their upper 30s who are serving drunk driving sentences?

I really think the sentence/punishment should be harsh enough so that the offender will absolutely hate it, and they will remember it before they think about offending again. And, like some of the PPs, I loathe drunk drivers.

SummerBaby
05-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Finally, a judge with some common sense. From what I've read, she's going to an ordinary county jail. Although she'll be segregated, it's still no country club. Now that's a reality show I'd love to see!

I've read some interesting things about her mother and grandmother. Let's just say the apple does not fall far from the tree. ;)

Val
DD 2.5 years old
another summer baby coming in 2007!