PDA

View Full Version : Bloody tooth, help!

Jenn98
05-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Long story short: DD#1 fell face first onto our wood floors and her tooth went into her lip. of course her lip swelled up and she cried and cried and cried. and cried. I thought she was crying for an awfully long time until I noticed that her right front too was bleeding around its gum. It all happened right before bed. I gave her some Tylenol and we rocked an extra long time before I put her in bed. But now I'm freaking out about her tooth. Will it be okay? Will it die and turn black? Should I make an appt with a pediatric dentist?

megs4413
05-05-2007, 09:07 PM
call the dentist ASAP! the root could be damaged from the trauma! i'm sorry, give her a squeeze for me! HUGS!

jd11365
05-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Yes, it very well could die and/or fall out. :( It happened to Kayla, so I know all too well. I would get to a pediatric dentist asap.

I hope it turns out for the best. Do know it's very common among this age. Even the oral surgeon's dd lost her front teeth in an accident.

Good luck!

Jenn98
05-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Do you think I will be okay to wait until Monday morning or should I try to call someone tomorow (Sunday)? I can't imagine anyone would be around on Sunday since I live in a smaller area.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I'd call your local childrens hospital, or the best you've got in your area and see if anyone qualified can look at it tomorrow in the early morning. Better to take care of it asap rather than wait and for it to be nothing instead of something.
God forbid it be something and to have waited to long. fwiw,my dad's a physician and told us that you've got 24 hours w/ lacerations for stiches so if the same theory holds true for loosened teeth then you should be ok until tomorrow morning, but I'd do it early.
Or you could just page your pediatrician.

jd11365
05-05-2007, 10:24 PM
If it's going to die, unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done. If it doesn't gray after tomorrow, you may be in luck, but I'd definitely call a pediatric dentist Monday. I'd certainly avoid giving her anything that could loosen it or cause further damage until you can have it checked.

Why do these things always happen at night or on the weekend? Try not to worry about it, it could be just the gum that was damaged. Gums heal very easily.

Keep us posted!