PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else go to storytime at your local borders?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm looking for activities for this summer and it sounds appealing. The clerk said that they read a book and do crafts. Sounds like something dd would love. But I'm worried about it being age appropriate for ds, anyone btdt?

sarahsthreads
05-05-2007, 11:38 PM
We've been going on and off for at least a year, so DD was about the same age as your DS when we started. At that age DD didn't always sit through the stories every week - there are usually two - but she was always into the craft. At least at our Borders it generally involves crayons, paper and glue sticks. Very occasionally stickers. I've never seen scissors or markers, or anything else that would require huge amounts of supervision.

I do enjoy their storytime, but we wind up buying a new book almost every time we go - I can't seem to say no when she's asking for a book - so if we went every week it could get expensive!

Sarah :)

JustMe
05-05-2007, 11:51 PM
We have never tried Borders...ours seem to be in the evening, which just doesn't work for us. Sounds like it is worth a try at least once. Have you checked your library? Ours has storytimes broken down by age.

Robyn

JBaxter
05-06-2007, 07:09 AM
We used to but the girl who did story time ( who was WONDERFUL did crafts etc) was "let go"
They replaced her with someone who has NO CLUE about toddlers/young children. They brought a tray of sample size cups filled with hot chocolate &whipped cream and a tray of iced cookies and sat down in the middle of 20 kids I was ticked ( food dyes effect Nathan really badly and I watch his diet) I complained to the manager and havent been back.