PDA

View Full Version : Can you stand another name thread?

Lovingliv
05-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Curious if anyone has picked a name for there "next" child?

Even if you don't plan on having anymore...is there a name you would love to use?

Lovingliv
05-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Ok, I'll go first!

Girl: Zoe or Abigail

Boy: Samuel or Charlie

bisous
05-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, I thought I had a name picked out for this baby--back when the drs were saying it was a girl! The name I had was Caroline Grace. I thought it was beautiful and classic. I actually really love the names Olivia and Elizabeth, too which I see you used. :) I'm watching this thread to find great boys names as I'm kind of stumped!

Jen

hudsonam
05-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Ooh, I love this, because we are going to TTC this month! Here are my potential future names (which are not cleared by DH yet ;-)):

Boys:
Landon
Connor
Harrison
Ethan
Samuel

Girls:
Olivia
Sophia
Ashley
Isabella
Grace
Abigail
Samantha
Reece
Keira

And I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. :)

megs4413
05-07-2007, 01:40 PM
girl: tess
boy: hudson

wencit
05-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Hands down, Elliott. I LOVE that name for a boy, but DH wouldn't go for it this time around. I figure I have 2 more years to work on him. ;) I even chose my son's name partly because I love it too, and also partly because according to "The Baby Name Wizard," it is compatible as a sibling name for Elliott.

Lovingliv
05-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Jen, they told you a girl...and now it's a boy? Wow! At least you found out before....right?

Olivia has been Olivia (in my head) since I was 12. I have always LOVED that name! and Tess' middle name is for my sister and mother!

Lovingliv
05-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Good luck TTC!!!!

I love the name Reece for a girl!!! I had thought about it....

Lovingliv
05-07-2007, 01:51 PM
So does the Baby Name wizard on line tell you compatibility?

hudsonam
05-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks! My grandmother's name was Rita, and while I don't love the name, I'd like to do something similar. Reece is sort of close, especially since my grandfather called her "Reed/Reet" for short.

alleyoop
05-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Boy: Zane, Edwinn(Winn for short)
Girl: Amelia, Laurel

However, DH is getting the big "snip-snip" on Thursday, so no chance they are getting used! ;)

JoyNChrist
05-07-2007, 02:18 PM
I have the next five named, lol!

Boys -
Alek James
Rylan Paul

Girls -
Aubrey Claire
Abigail Paige (my aunt Gail passed away last year, so Abigail is kind of a tribute to her)
Bryony Kate

Can you tell I want 3 of each? ;)

jacksmom0902
05-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Oh, I love baby name threads. My boys are both named after family so we would continue the tradition with any additional children.

Boy: William Henry (after his father and my great-grandfather)
Girl: Anna Christine (after my dear grandmother)

maestramommy
05-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Girl: Audrey
Boy: Aaron

JBaxter
05-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Girls : Caroline or Reagan
Boys : Jackson or Asher ( both family names)

Ceepa
05-07-2007, 03:03 PM
We know an Aubrey Claire.

ETA: DH reminded me we know an Avery Claire, not Aubrey Claire.

Lovingliv
05-07-2007, 03:08 PM
ohhh, forgot Paige! def on my short list!!!

lmintzer
05-07-2007, 03:10 PM
DH strongly feels he's all done, but I still dream about a little girl named Gabrielle. : )

Alice523
05-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Charlotte and Henry. I also really like August, maybe as a middle name. Our wedding was in August so it'd have some meaning. I'm not sure if I could actually do it but I really like it.

There are many, many more names that I love but those are the ones that made the cut after DH got the list. ;)

madelinesmom
05-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I had my tubes tied with my last DD but if by some miracle we did have another...
Girl: Mary Anne - my choice for Emily but DH hated it...
Boy: Bryan Golson (DH father died very young, this would be his namesake)

Both of my girls have family names, it makes it easier for us to choose.
Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

kellij
05-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Girl: Genevieve Davis

Boy: Spencer Davis
Harrison

or Davis for a first name.

Davis is a family name, as are Genevieve and Harrison.

wencit
05-07-2007, 04:29 PM
>So does the Baby Name wizard on line tell you compatibility?

Nope, I just checked. But I highly recommend the book!

Lovingliv
05-07-2007, 04:31 PM
>DH strongly feels he's all done, but I still dream about a
>little girl named Gabrielle. : )

Here's hoping you get that girl!!!!

lmintzer
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks, but if I did, he said it would have to be with another husband. Sniff sniff.

shilo
05-07-2007, 04:48 PM
haha, where do i start? DH's fav thing to do while i was preggo was to shoot down my favorite names, so most of mine will never get used... but a girl can dream, no?

boys:
liam henry (leo for short - henry in honor of my grampa and leo (lee) in honor of DH's).
i also love iain, shane, and gavin, but none have great nick names, and i'm such a sucker for nicknames. i also looove max and gus, but they are varying levels of ludicrous w/ DH's lastname.

girls:
brynnlee anne (brynn for short, anne for my mom, lee for DH's grandfather) but i don't think we'd ever actually use it b/c of the combo of initials w/ DH's lastname :(.
jamison anne or leeanne (jamie for a nn, anne/leeanne in honor of family)
natalee anne (lea for a nn, are you seeing a pattern yet?? :)).

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

KBecks
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, I had Anton on the list as a maybe but now I have a nephew named Anton :)

If John were a girl, she would have been Kristen or Genevieve.

If we had a third boy, I kind of like Luke.

That's my feeling right now, anyway. I change my mind a lot!

KBecks
05-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes the book is a lot of fun.

MommyAllison
05-07-2007, 06:40 PM
If we have a boy, he will be Elliott :) DH and I both love it. We haven't found a middle name for it though.

If we have another girl, she will be Lily Paige, and will go by her full name. :)

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

scoop22
05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
i love Chloe... but it would be haley for a girl (family name)
for boys i had a hard enough time with this one.. i can't think of any. maybe carter or owen..
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

elephantmeg
05-07-2007, 07:45 PM
DH wants to keep the origional girl name for any future kids
Mary Elizabeth
I'm voting for Mary Elise
hut I also really like Michaela/Mikala (yes I was a HUGE Dr Quin fan until it became all about the indians and not about her and medicine...)

I have no idea what we would name a boy. I had DS's name picked out years ago but I'm stumped now!

american_mama
05-07-2007, 10:16 PM
How about some favorite but highly unusual names?

For a boy, I like Tazewell and Everest, but don't know if I dare. In my hometown, someone named Tazewell was often in the newspaper and I always liked the name.

For a girl, I like Cadence, Cora, and Milena.

I actually came up with the name Cadence out of my own sweet head back in 2002 when I was perusing the book "Beyond Jennifer and Jason". I can't believe Cadence has actually occurred to other people, but I have heard of several others out there, inluding two or so on this board.

spanannie
05-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Zane was our hypothetical DS#2 name, until recently. It's what I wanted to name DS. I'm leaning toward Grant, though, now. DS has named his baby doll Zane, so it's almost like I already have a son named Zane ;-) So, we would have Grant Archer or Zane Archer (Archer is a family name).

Hypothetical DD#2 would be Lauren Caroline.
I love Sarah Caroline, aka "Sadie", but it would never fly with DH.

almostamom
05-07-2007, 11:21 PM
I love Greer for a girl. It was on our short list if DS had been a girl. We had a high chance of twins when we were expecting DS, so we had 2 names for boys and girls. Our other boy name was Hayden James, but with the popularity of Aiden/Hayden/Braden/Jaden, I'm not so sure we'd use it now.

Linda

JoyNChrist
05-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Yep, DH's cousin named her daughter Cadence.

I think it's cute.

JoyNChrist
05-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Oh, I forgot to add that Sarah is my all-time favorite little girl name, but as it's DH's crazy ex-sister-in-law's name, I'd be booted from the family if I even suggested it.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Oh this is so much fun :-).

Boy- William,Benjamin,Walter,Henry

Girl- Sophia,Ann,Margaret(I love the name maggie)

Don't know if it'll happen. Dh is leary of a 3rd.

denna
05-08-2007, 01:10 AM
So funny you brought this up Rachel, I have been thinking about this alot lately. We are TTC and this is what I have so far:

Boy:

Jack Robert or Jack Joseph
Brody Ryan

Girl:

Riley Claire
Kyla Jane

But for sure (we are planning on 3 (right now)) our next child if its a boy will be Jack and if its a girl it will be Riley Claire.

Great thread!

TraciG
05-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Right now I REALLY like the name Cassidy for a girl .

jgriffin
05-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah, go Erica! :)

We're still working on a name for the *current* baby, so I'm not even going to try thinking about the next one. :) Although if we had a boy I'd want to name him Michael Foster.

I love the Baby Name Wizard book and website, highly recommend both.

Wife_and_mommy
05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Our girl will be Natalia--not sure of the spelling yet.

Our boy Nathaniel or possibly Christian.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

I love them most when they are sleeping.--Me
http://b4.lilypie.com/HSUwm4.png
http://b2.lilypie.com/UgAXm5.png

Lovingliv
05-08-2007, 09:37 AM
>DH wants to keep the origional girl name for any future kids
>Mary Elizabeth
>

That is my mom's name!!!!!!! I LOVE it....

maddyzmommy
05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Mine is a very unlikely prospect since I already have three little girls:

Madeleine Claire
Olivia Catherine
Eleanor Elizabeth

BUT if we had a boy I would name him Henry (Hank) or George or Grant. If we were to have another daughter I'd like to name her Greer, an all-time favorite, or Celia or even Glynis, which I can already tell you we're not brave enough to ever choose. We lusted after that name, though.

I LOVE what the poster said about Sarah and calling her Sadie. That nickname never struck me. And I've heard of Sadie Hawkins, too!

Fun thread,
Andi

maddyzmommy
05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Mine is a very unlikely prospect since I already have three little girls:

Madeleine Claire
Olivia Catherine
Eleanor Elizabeth

BUT if we had a boy I would name him Henry (Hank) or George or Grant. If we were to have another daughter I'd like to name her Greer, an all-time favorite, or Celia or even Glynis, which I can already tell you we're not brave enough to ever choose. We lusted after that name, though.

I LOVE what the poster said about Sarah and calling her Sadie. That nickname never struck me. And I've heard of Sadie Hawkins, too!

Fun thread,
Andi

ajmom
05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
We are SO not having another, but if we did and I had full naming rights (haha) I would choose Lydia or Annaliese for a girl and Elias (Eli) or Nathan for a boy.

ajmom
05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
We are SO not having another, but if we did and I had full naming rights (haha) I would choose Lydia or Annaliese for a girl and Elias (Eli) or Nathan for a boy.

haraldsworth
05-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Baby names are so fun!

Girl- Finley
Boy- Gus

I don't know if DH would go for either, but it's years away.

Sarah

BTW- I love the name Sarah :-)

haraldsworth
05-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Baby names are so fun!

Girl- Finley
Boy- Gus

I don't know if DH would go for either, but it's years away.

Sarah

BTW- I love the name Sarah :-)