PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements. Postcard?

mtrattner
05-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I am looking in to making a postcard for a change of address. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about doing this? I thought one side would be a picture of our new home and the other side will be our new info.

I thought a postcard would be much cheaper for mailing out. Will a 4x6 work? Also any ideas where to develop it so it is a little stronger than photo paper?

mtrattner
05-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I am looking in to making a postcard for a change of address. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about doing this? I thought one side would be a picture of our new home and the other side will be our new info.

I thought a postcard would be much cheaper for mailing out. Will a 4x6 work? Also any ideas where to develop it so it is a little stronger than photo paper?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
We did this when we moved and they turned out fantastic. I put a picture of DD and some text on the front (thanks to photoshop) but I had zazzle.com print them. Their postcards are very nice - great quality paper, looks like a real postcard, etc. They are a little pricier than others. I have seen them for as little as 39 cents each. Also, occasionally, VistaPrint offers 100 postcards for free so keep your eye out for that. I am pretty sure that all the major photo places print postcards.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
We did this when we moved and they turned out fantastic. I put a picture of DD and some text on the front (thanks to photoshop) but I had zazzle.com print them. Their postcards are very nice - great quality paper, looks like a real postcard, etc. They are a little pricier than others. I have seen them for as little as 39 cents each. Also, occasionally, VistaPrint offers 100 postcards for free so keep your eye out for that. I am pretty sure that all the major photo places print postcards.

klwa
05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
I know Winkflash does postcards, for $0.39 each. I used them this past Christmas for our Christmas cards. Price wise, I don't know how much you'll really save this way. The cost for a postcard to be printed is usually a good bit higher than for a picture, which is somewhat offset by the fact that postcard stamps are cheaper. There are other websites that print postcards as well, but to get them much cheaper than there you have to order in batches of at least 100.

klwa
05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
I know Winkflash does postcards, for $0.39 each. I used them this past Christmas for our Christmas cards. Price wise, I don't know how much you'll really save this way. The cost for a postcard to be printed is usually a good bit higher than for a picture, which is somewhat offset by the fact that postcard stamps are cheaper. There are other websites that print postcards as well, but to get them much cheaper than there you have to order in batches of at least 100.

mtrattner
05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Great! Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out. Did you put your new address on the back with the blank spot where you address the postcard? I was going to put it all on the front but then realized it would probably look better like that???? My creativity always seems to have flaws. Ha ha!

mtrattner
05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Great! Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out. Did you put your new address on the back with the blank spot where you address the postcard? I was going to put it all on the front but then realized it would probably look better like that???? My creativity always seems to have flaws. Ha ha!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
What I did was take a picture of DD in a moving box (someone on here suggested it and I can't remember who but it was an awesome idea!). There was moving paper in the box and scattered on the floor. We got this shot of her with this really confused look on her face, so we put a thought bubble in that said "We moved!?!" On the back, I had "It's true!", then our new address, phone number, etc. printed on the left side. I handwrote the addresses on the other side.

Good luck!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
What I did was take a picture of DD in a moving box (someone on here suggested it and I can't remember who but it was an awesome idea!). There was moving paper in the box and scattered on the floor. We got this shot of her with this really confused look on her face, so we put a thought bubble in that said "We moved!?!" On the back, I had "It's true!", then our new address, phone number, etc. printed on the left side. I handwrote the addresses on the other side.

Good luck!

mtrattner
05-09-2007, 07:22 PM
That is too cute! Thanks for the suggestion! I might have to use that if we can't get us all in front of the new house. But that layout sounds perfect.

Thanks again!

mtrattner
05-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Can anyone help me? I am just learning to use Elements and want to make a postcard. I can't find a template though so please direct me!

roysmom
05-15-2007, 04:28 PM
The best and most accurate way I have found is to look on the website that you will be using to publish the postcards. Find out the exact size of the postcard, then go into crop and at the top set your size to equal that of the postcard. That may be to vague. Choose the crop tool and look just above your picture, there should be a drop down box to choose 4x6, 5x7, etc. Right beside that, you can type in the exact size you want. Set that to equal the post card size or maybe just a hair smaller. I made DS's invites with winkflash and they did a GREAT job. I suggest using them.