PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Losties***Spoiler Alert***

jenjenfirenjen
05-23-2007, 10:30 PM
OMG, the season finale tonight. I am speechless. The first half of this season was pretty disappointing IMO and I almost gave up on the show but it kept getting better and better and tonight was the bomb! Seriously, I think this may be the best TV show ever.

I can't even process everything. The last bit with Jack and Kate in the future just totally threw me for a loop. WTF is all I can say. And who the hell is Naomi? I have to admit that I actually shed a tear when Charlie died. What a freaking sap I am. I hope he's not really gone for good.

Anyway, that's it. Just had to show some Lost love!

Marisa6826
05-23-2007, 11:27 PM
How much did that episode rock?!

We had to rewind twice to watch Sayid take care of business. Damn!

Kind of sucks that it won't be back on till next February. But boy, they nailed it tonight.

-m

ETA - oh and I TOTALLY loved Hurley and the Dharma Bus :)

ilovetivo
05-23-2007, 11:28 PM
LOVED IT! and OMG!!!! I'm so confused. They said it would be a game changer. Is the fact that they're leaving the island (i'm assuming b/c of Jacks future scenes) the game changer?

Charlie - totally cried! Why didn't he leave the room and then close the door --- i just rewatched that part and i guess it's b/c he had to lock the door to keep the water in.

How are we gonna wait 8 months!?

bostonsmama
05-24-2007, 12:51 AM
OMGosh, it's nearly 2am and I just finished reading all the most up to date message boards. How addicting! There are some great stills/close ups of the obituary and lots of guesses as to who it is...some think they have it figured out...others not so sure. They think it's a man, name staring with J, ending with "antham" from New York and he hung himself from a ceiling beam/rafter. Fascinating stuff....and I up until this point (this season) I've only watched maybe 2 shows. "The Answers" special caught me up to date. A year to wait? I think that's too long and most will get bored waiting.

randomkid
05-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Was coming her to post just about this! LOVED IT! We didn't get the whole thing with Jack until the very end. We kept trying to place these events in his past and it just didn't fit.

Who do you think was in that casket? My guess is Ben. Who else would die and no one shows up?

We wondered why Charlie just didn't swim out of that port hole once the water stopped rushing in. Is it because, like Desmond told him, he is going to die no matter what? Maybe he just accepted his fate?

And what about Walt? He and his Dad supposedly left and went home. He's grown so much in the last year.

I absolutely loved Hurley's rescue! DH actually applauded - lol!

I think the producers just saved their show.

kcandz
05-24-2007, 01:19 AM
I just finished watching.

Jack's razor phone kept bothering me as not being consistent with 2004 so I guessed it was the future (present?). Plus he was such a wreck in his fathers self-destructive footsteps which was out of character for all we have seen of Jack so far. It was nice to have the hunch validated at the end. :)

I think John Locke would have nobody come to his funeral. But it could be anyone with the sudden character changes - someone we think we like could turn out bad.

As PP said Charlie had to lock himself in to keep the entire station from flooding. He did it to save Desmond and get the word out because Desmond could scuba up with the information. I love the Penny/Desmond story so the part where she was yelling "did you say Desmond?" and he was trying to run to the monitor to see her was my favorite part of the episode.

I love how the one eyed russian never seems to die. He is like John Locke that way!

Walt had me laughing with his puberty voice. I love how the producers had the actor still do the role even though he must be half a foot taller since the last time we saw him.

I adore Sayid and I'm so glad he is ok.

hardysmom
05-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Actually, I have mixed feelings... the finale was billed as answering many questions, but I really can't think of much that was answered. I like that the last few episodes have been more satisfying and dynamic, but I am getting a bad Alias vibe. Like, when I wanted SOOO much to still love it, but it was just getting harder and harder...

To me, one of the cool things about Lost was that, out of the blue, characters with developing storylines (Shannon, Libby, Boone, Anna-Lucia) would randomly be killed so nothing felt predictable. Accidents happened, even to established personalities. It was like nothing on TV. Bad things happened to good and bad people because they were in a dangerous situation.

On the other hand, the only major non-other character to die in season 3 was Charlie and we'd been prepped for that half the season. In a twisted way, I was GLAD that Jin and the gang (3 of my favorite characters!) were dead because I thought that was the edgy, brave writing I loved in Lost. I have this sick, sinking feeling (and gosh I hope I'm wrong) that the "we just shot into the sand" scene will be the Jump the Shark moment of Lost. Well, that and the Hurley-in-the-bus thing. Yeah, no one would have heard a camper hauling through the woods until it was too late.. It almost feels like they are trying to be a little more like Heros, which is a great show, but I liked my Lost.

I suppose the effect is that instead of being all pumped up to find out who was in the coffin, what happened after the call, and whats up with Penelope I am stuck on what stupid reason are they going to give us for why Kate wasn't swooped off to jail as soon they returned. Maybe she was given immunity and a new identity for protecting secrets of the mighty, powerful other-other-others.

I am looking forward to February more to be re-assured that MY show, wherever it is set, will regain its unpredictable, innovative style than to find out what happened on the island. I really want to believe that the new direction will really breathe new life. I just hope that all the crtitsism of season 3 being hard to follow will not lead the network to use a new setting as an opportunity to dumb down the story and dilute the characters in a more generic presentation. And I think that knowing that they are just doing 3 more seasons allows for some bold, innovative writing. Oh, I want SOOO much to love it...

Stephanie

shilo
05-24-2007, 01:38 AM
loved it. i wanted charlie to swim out the hole too, but knew for sure he wouldn't b/c desmond's premonition was that charlie had to drown for claire to be 'rescued' by a chopper. it's also how i knew john wasn't going to convince jack not to complete the call... a helicopter has to come to take claire - and who knows who else to complete desmond's premonition.

but what's up with the future bit where the new doctor is calling shepard on his issues and he makes some comment about "have my father come down and i promise if i'm more drunk than he is, i'll quit"... ummm, his father is dead and 'burried' (in a coffin in the jungle) on the island.

and was walt just a figment of jack's imagination? if not, where's michael?

ack, i can't believe i have to wait until february of 2008. but i think i waited that long for nip/tuck and i think soprano's fans waited that long at some point in that series too, and they both surrvived, but i still think it sucks.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

Twoboos
05-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Ohhhh I was so sad that Charlie really died (well, so we think, as with any show I'll believe it when I see the body). DH & I were thinking he should have run out or gone out the window, but it would not have completed desmond's vision.

I suspected Jack was in the future. That also made me SO sad, that he would end up so messed up once their back. And that he's not with Kate even though he had told her he loved her on the island. (Guessing she's with Sawyer now - "He'll be wondering where I am.") I think he made that comment about his dad b/c he was so messed up on booze/pills.

The dead person - I was thinking Ben, or maybe Locke. Who else would make Jack so torn up about going, and Kate be so disgusted? But that is KILLING me. I'm glad the "real" fan sites can't figure out who it is.

I think Walt was a figment, but a great one to drop in at an unsuspecting time.

Yes, Feb is a long time away. But they are redeemed to me in that they will go the whole season, no more of this mid-season hiatus crap. I wish they just did repeats all summer now!!! I still love this show, it is back. Hopefully they don't screw it up next season like they almost did this time!!

lilycat88
05-24-2007, 07:21 AM
I was able to watch it on regular TV but the picture wasn't like the HD I was used to AND I couldn't TIVO it. Not only did I not have cable TV, I didn't have internet either. I only watch 2 shows on a regular basis and this was one. DAMN DAMN double DAMN.

LarsMal
05-24-2007, 07:31 AM
LOL- We went back twice to check out that move Sayid pulled on that guys neck, too! That was awesome :-)

LarsMal
05-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Last night's show was awesome! DH and I had a hard time falling asleep after b/c we kept talking about the show.

Unfortunaltely I had gone to the ABC message board after last week's show and some jerks posted spoilers in their thread titles. I knew Jack's story was a flashforward from the beginning. I had to bite my tongue not to spill it to DH. When he finally put it together at the end I mentioned the Razor phone, and he said that had been bothering him, but he hadn't put it together.

My thoughts/reactions:
Kate ends up with Sawyer, and that's who's waiting for her at home.

It's either Ben or Locke in the coffin. Who else would Kate not go and see? I guess we have a couple more seasons for it to be someone else, but I think Jack was upset b/c Ben and Locke told him not to make the call. He didn't listen and it screwed everything up, that's why he's so upset that the person died, b/c in a way he had something to do with it.

I think the next season or two will be catching up with last night's story and then the final season will be Jack and Kate going back to the island to get whoever is left there.

I think what happens is Naomi's people come. The Losties and the rest of the Others band together to fight the new people. There is a rescue, but not all of them can leave, so Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and some other people leave. Jack feels guilty and wants to get back to the island to save the rest who are being held there.

I can't believe we have to wait so long until next season. That stinks!

Oh, and poor Charlie. He did not need to die, but he thought he did to make Claire's escape from the island come true. Now she's going to be on a "bad" helicopter and he won't be there to stop/save her.

Corie
05-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Jen,

You are so not alone! I was crying my eyes out when Charlie was writing
the message on his hand for Desmond. And, then when he just floated away...
I lost it! My husband was looking at me like I was crazy!!

The whole Jack and Kate thing was WOW! I can't believe that we have to wait
until February 2008 for the new season!! I have so many questions!

What a great show!

Edited to correct dates

Corie
05-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Sayid is awesome! I told my husband that I would so hook up with Sayid
just because he is such a bad-ass.

cmo
05-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Due to a terrible Tivo snafu, we lost about 7 episodes of Lost from our Tivo box last week! ARGH! We were saving them to watch all in a row once the season ended. The online episodes on the ABC website don't go back that far. If anyone knows of an online (or other) source to see this season's episodes 10 through 16 (originally broadcast 2/28/07 through 4/18/07), boy oh boy would you be a hero!

Thanks very much!
Chris

kayte
05-24-2007, 09:08 AM
You can download them at iTunes.

HTH

Twoboos
05-24-2007, 11:47 AM
OK so I don't think anyone gets off the island as part of the "rescue" until closer to the final season. I agree there will be a fight between Frieghter people and Oceanic/Others, but no one can get off. And I think Jack wants to go back (in the future) to have the life that is back there, which he can't have now that he's off the island (Kate).

But I do think it's interesting that the Jack thing proves that they DO get off the island in the end. And everything between now and then is a mystery as usual!!

That coffin thing is going to bug me until they reveal who it is. And who knows if it'll be next season!!

annasmom
05-24-2007, 12:16 PM
In the final scene I mean. I completely didn't catch that they were in the future at first and I was wondering whether she was supposed to be someone who just looked like Kate. She looked very different to me. Perhaps this is what Kate looks like without so much sun and freckles???

trentsmom
05-24-2007, 12:55 PM
I think I might have been seeing things, but in the Looking Glass Station, when the cameras panned around and we realized that Mikhail was gone, it looked to me like the two women had been replaced by blow-up dummies. Did anyone else get that impression?

lil_acorn
05-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I thought she looked different too..but I think it's because she was actually supposed to be clean and have make up on!

trentsmom
05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
She looked "hazy" to me, like any marks on her face had been airbrushed off.

jenjenfirenjen
05-24-2007, 01:39 PM
ITA. I think that was just "cleaned up Kate."

Corie
05-24-2007, 01:46 PM
If the Jack and Kate scene was in the future, then why wouldn't she be
in jail? (for killing her step-father)

randomkid
05-24-2007, 01:46 PM
>Jack's razor phone kept bothering me as not being consistent
>with 2004 so I guessed it was the future (present?).

Good pickup on that - I totally didn't even pay attention to the fact that he had a new phone!

>Plus he was such a wreck in his fathers self-destructive footsteps
>which was out of character for all we have seen of Jack so
>far. It was nice to have the hunch validated at the end. :)

Yeah, but what threw me was when Jack was ranting in the hospital and saying "Get my Dad down here!" Is his father still alive or was it just that he was so out of it that he wasn't making any sense?

hardysmom
05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
OK-- and what was up with Jack's comment to the other surgeon who found him stealing drugs. He says "go upstairs and if my dad isn't more drunk than me, then you can fire me."

I thought surely I was wrong so I re-watched. Yup, he really refers to his dad being alive, well, drunk and in the building. Was it just stoned confusion or is his dad alive? And if dad is alive, well, what the heck is that all about given that returning dad's body from Sydney was Jack's reason for being on the flight?

Stephanie

linsei
05-24-2007, 03:26 PM
>Yeah, but what threw me was when Jack was ranting in the
>hospital and saying "Get my Dad down here!" Is his father
>still alive or was it just that he was so out of it that he
>wasn't making any sense?

I don't know what to make of that either! That is bothering me.

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

LarsMal
05-24-2007, 09:40 PM
I said the SAME thing! DH said that maybe she found a loop-hole in the system for coming back from the (supposed) dead!

Fairy
05-25-2007, 12:55 AM
My thoughts -->

1. He's gone for good (see Kristin's column at eonline.com)

2. How was Penny so conveniently available right immediately like that as soon as radio silence ended? Hmm.

3. Naomi bad guy. I really think so.

4. Benry? Ultimately, despite the means, a good guy <duck!>

5. Benry: Alex, this is your Mother. Danielle: Help me tie him up. FLOVE.

6. Charlie, what a hero! Love how his dying act was to not just sacrafice himself for everyone else, but to make darn sure that he warned Desmond that not all is well with their saving act.

7. Interesting potential for Season 4. They make it clear with the mention of Jack's father in the flash forward that whatever happened pre-island is not, necessarily, set in stone post-island. If Jack's father can be alive, then maybe Kate can be not a fugitive.

8. I wonder whose funeral that was. Maybe Benry's? Someone no one would bother wanting to go to.

9. Bernard! I'm so disappointed in you I can't even talk to you right now. Just go over there and don't talk to me. You're in time out.

10. I knew absolutely immediately that this was a flash forward. And I was completely spoiler-free.

11. I couldn't believe it, but I found myself rooting for Benry and his cause at the end and for them not to get rescued. Unbelieveable.

12. "Because I love you." What?! Where did that come from. I mean, ok, that's fine, but we never saw any indication that that was the case. Interesting. I'm still a SkateShipper.

13. So, this is a reset for next year. I wonder if from now on, they're off the island and trying to get BACK. Fascinating stuff!

Fairy
05-25-2007, 12:58 AM
That wasn't Walt. I think that was the smoke monster taking the form of someone that Locke can relate to. Locke has an important role on that island, and I think it has to do with Jacob. Like, maybe he IS Jacob.

Fairy
05-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Just went back to look, and at regular speed, I agree, the first body looks totally like a blow up doll. But on super slomo, I think they were the real people.

trentsmom
05-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks for looking! I asked DH about it, and he had no idea what I was talking about!