PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Been To Discovery Cove?

randomkid
05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm very curious about it and am very tempted to go, but only if it's worth it. We live in FL, so I could get a discount and the whole day, including dolphin swim is $199. I would like to get this as a birthday present from DH, but we would both have to go, so we are looking at $400+. When I was in college, I had an annual pass to Sea World and so wished I was a strong swimmer so I could be a trainer. This experience would be great to me, but I don't want to be disappointed.

Anyone been or know of anyone who has been? What are your thoughts? Is it worth it?

Thanks,

jd11365
05-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, it's a great day there. The dolphin experience is pretty cool, and hard not to want to do if you're going. I'd like to go back without doing the dolphin encounter, just to snorkle with the fish in the nice waters they provide. I'm not a fan of the ocean.

For the dolphin encounter, you go as a group, so it's not like you and the dolphin, kwim? It's fun to do though, but I agree, it's super pricey. Kinda hard for me to say if it's worth it since it was a gift for my birthday one year.

randomkid
05-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Can't you do the other things as well as the dolphin swim? I was hoping that at those prices, all the experiences were included (swim with rays, snorkel, aviary, etc).

Thanks Jamie - I figured I could count on you for this!

mamaturk
05-28-2007, 11:47 PM
My DH and I went to Discovery Cove before we had DD... about 5 years ago. We liked it a lot, but I honestly thought we were going to have a little more one on one time with the dolphins. I knew that we went out in groups but I felt kinda rushed through that part considering the amount of money we spent. We were suckers and of course bought tons of pictures and the video since we were not allowed to bring a camera into the water. Don't get me wrong, we really had a nice time all day and I would probably go back again when DD is older.... it's just so much $$$$$. I would go if you can, it's an awesome feeling to swim with them!!