PDA

View Full Version : Any good ideas for girl's 2nd bday party?

colleenfs
05-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Emma will be 2 at the end of July. As usual, I have not given it much thought yet. At this point before big sister Julia turned 2, I had the place, theme, and decorations already picked out! We had 20 kids at Gymboree. Guess #2 just doesn't get the same treatment!

We won't have a lot people - maybe just 3-4 of Emma's little girlfriends, plus a few local family members. I want to do something special, but not too elaborate. We belong to a beach club, so I was thinking I might do a party there, but it might be hard to corral a bunch of 2 year olds near the lake...I definitely do not want to do it in my small home, I know that much! Any other ideas?

Still working on themes as well - Emma likes Dora, Elmo, Pooh, and Minnie Mouse. And I keep hearing that Little Einsteins partyware is coming in July, so that could be an option too. It's so much easier with her big sister!

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�

shilo
05-27-2007, 06:06 PM
ok, when i think beach club plus the list you gave, i'm seeing a minnie mouse luau. target had some grass skirts in the dollar spot last time i was there, maybe you could do something with that? there's a ton of luau partyware available, and i'm sure the same is true of minnie. just mix and match and put grass skirts on a few stuffed animals and you're good to go :).

just an idea...
lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

Tondi G
05-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I think a luau theme would be great! these party goods/theme items are SO cute!

http://www.birthdayinabox.com/lobby.asp-page-theme-dept_id-96-cat_id-10

colleenfs
05-28-2007, 01:45 PM
CUTE! That never even crossed my mind. I'll have to investigate that idea further. Thanks!!

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Ooh, and you could make a really fun summery/ beachy cake. I love the "pail of sand" cake from Family Fun. It is delicious and a real hit with kids. It's like "dirt" (oreos, choc. pudding, gummy worms) only it is yellow cake, vanilla pudding, some crushed up grahm crackers and some candy seashells- all served in a clean sand pail with a sand shovel to scoop. :)

I love that ds has a summer b-day. I usually do some sort of beach theme.

If you have a back yard to party in you could have the party there if you don't want to go to the beach. The inside would be an option if people got really hot or the weather turned bad. People usually don't mind being packed in for a part, ime. :)

Have fun!

Beth