PDA

View Full Version : Hemnes Daybed in Guest Room - Comfort level?

twindad
05-31-2007, 03:41 PM
We are thinking of getting the Hemnes Daybed from IKEA for our guest bedroom to free up more space. In order for it to function as a guest bed (with the trundle out), it appears that we would need to purchase IKEA foam mattresses to go with the bed.

Does anyone have any experience with this bed and/or IKEA foam mattresses? Can you comment on the comfort level?

Thanks!
Twin Dad

FiveLittleDucks
05-31-2007, 05:15 PM
We don't have the daybed, but we do have the twin beds, large dresser, and nightstand from that collection. We've had them about 14 mos. and they've held up wonderfully. Very sturdy. And the dresser weighs about 300 lbs (seriously).

jujucb
05-31-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm a very occasional poster on these boards. I hope you don't mind me popping in to add my .02 cents. I wrote a long post that got blown up. Just as well, the Cole's Notes version is probably enough :)

I have two of the Hemnes daybeds w/Sultan Hogbo Spring mattresses for girls and a twin bed w/Sealy mattress & boxspring for ds. I'm pretty sure a domestic mattress would fit the daybed just fine.

Great bed, the girls are comfy and they've held up well.

There is one glitch. The trundle part doesn't fold down into the drawer section. There is no space to actually store the second mattress inside the bed. I tried stack the two hogbos together. Too high for little kids and didn't look right. Although it was comfy for me. Ikea suggested a thin foam mattress might work, but would make the two sides uneven in trundle mode.

My ils have an assortment of foam mattresses. The thin Ikea ones are not comfy at all. The better quality ones are pretty supportive, but retain heat and are uncomfortable in the summer. Even with a/c. Their Tempur-Pedic is just fine though.

HTH

dd 06-99
b/g twins 03-02

C99
05-31-2007, 10:00 PM
I have no experience w/ the foam mattresses, but I LOVE our SULTAN HASSELBACK queen-sized mattress from IKEA. It's almost 3 years old and very comfortable.

bubbaray
06-01-2007, 12:16 AM
We have the twin bed for DD#1 with a regular mattress from Costco -- Sealy, Serta, can't remember. Its pretty firm! She likes it, I find it too firm for me.

The bed frame itself has held up very well.

FYI, waterproof "tatoo" bandaids will remove the white paint from the bedside table, though. :(

We will probably purchase another for DD#2 when the time comes. I guess that's a good vote of confidence!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007