PDA

View Full Version : OT- Alaskan cruise this summer

Aunt to sweet baby boy
06-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I am going on a Princess Alaskan cruise this summer with my family. My two grandparents are taking us on this cruise. My grandparents are in their 70's, and my youngest cousin who is going is 10 years old. There are going to be 13 people total, with 5 "grown ups" and the rest of us are under the age of 25.

Are their any cruise web sites that list ideas for the cruise? Tips on which excursions to register for? How big exactly are the rooms? My room (with my sister) is an outside room with a window, but i believe two of the rooms that our group has are inside rooms.

This is my first cruise so i am trying to get some information, it seemed like it was so far away but we are now leaving in about 1 month!

Thanks!

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061128/V76Q.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/wYA-m8/.png[/img][/url]

kelly ann
06-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Definitely visit www.cruisecritic.com There are message boards there with a ton of great info.

almostamom
06-04-2007, 03:38 PM
We went on a Princess cruise to Alaska a few years ago. We had an inside cabin. You pretty much have to step out into the hallway to change your mind, iykwim. The cabins are tiny, but aside from sleeping and getting ready, we were never in ours. Some days the weather was so beautiful that we wore shorts and t-shirts. The day we went to the glacier we were freezing. I've never been colder in my life, but I refused to go inside - the view was amazing, so I sat with blankets wrapped around me and shivered.

Which excursions you go on really depends on where your ship is stopping, what you like to do, and how much you have to spend. Our favorite stops were Juneau and Sitka. We went on a hiking tour in Juneau and explored Sitka on our own. I'm sure DH would have loved to take the helicopter tour in Juneau, but we just didn't have the extra money then.

Have a wonderful trip. To this day, our Alaskan cruise is still my most favorite vacation. I loved everything about it!

HTH,
Linda