PDA

View Full Version : WWYD: Anniversary gift question

babystuffbuff
06-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Our anniversary is on Tuesday. I assumed because we are trying to buy a house (this summer/fall) that it would be low-key, just dinner out and exchanging cards, maybe a small gift.

DH didn't get the memo. :P Yesterday I got a beautiful Citizen Eco-Drive gold and diamond watch (he said he couldn't wait any longer to give it to me). I was so surprised and impressed, and felt bad because I don't have anything special for him.

A friend of mine suggested getting tickets to the golf tournament Tiger Woods is hosting in Bethesda next month. Great idea. But I am attending a wedding in Virginia that weekend; lots of my family are coming from out of state for it and are eager to see me. They are leaving early Sunday morning to drive back home, so I could meet DH in Bethesda that day and watch the golf with him. Then my friend suggested seeing if my FIL could go instead of me, that way I wouldn't have to rush off to get to the tournament. That would be great; my FIL would love it and I'm sure DH would enjoy the time with his dad.....but I feel like since it's a gift for our anniversary, it should be something we do together. (And I do really like golf, so it wouldn't be any sacrifice for me to go!) Am I just being silly?

Sarah

trentsmom
06-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't think you're being silly. Your anniversary gift should be for the two of you, especially since you like golf. If you can swing leaving Virginia in time to get to the tournament, then go for it!

C99
06-17-2007, 10:36 PM
hey my anniversary is Tuesday as well! We're going out to dinner w/o kids. That's as impressive as it's gonna get with a newborn in the house. :) Your situation would probably never happen in my world, but if we had agreed to keep it low-key, I'd say thank you for the watch and keep going w/ the plan.

klwa
06-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Our anniversary is Tuesday, too. I'm hugely impressed by y'all's gifts! Normally we go on vacation for our anniversary, but this year, that didn't work out. We're hoping to get to go to a late lunch & maybe see a movie before going to pick up the Wild Man.

I think any gift he'll appreciate would be a great anniversary gift. And if he'd enjoy spending a day with his dad, go for it!
-Kris

mommy111
06-18-2007, 07:24 AM
If you can, go to the golf tournament. YOur anniversary should be the two of you.
And your DH is a sweetie, you're a lucky girl :)

babystuffbuff
06-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Wow, lots of anniversaries. I hope you all have nice days tomorrow. :)

Thanks, everyone. I went ahead and bought two tickets for the golf tournament and I'll let DH decide how he wants to use them.

Sarah