PDA

View Full Version : uploading a LOT of photos

megs4413
06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
does anyone know what photosite has the best uploading tool? i need to upload like 700 photos and i want to use a site that has quick uploading software. i've been at this all day and i feel like i've hardly made a DENT...

BillK
06-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Well it depends on how fast your ISP's upload speed is. Normally it's only a fraction of your download speed.

Anyway - I use Smugmug and they have a great little drag-n-drop one and things seem to move along quickly for me.

If you want to give them a try you can use this code for $5 off the subscription if you decide to keep them (I think they still offer a 30 day free trial). Code: CNoQFjNg9RpYk

August Mom
06-17-2007, 07:58 PM
It will take awhile no matter what site you use, but Shutterfly at least has a decent system where you can select an entire folder of pics to upload at once and then once you start the upload, you can just go do something else while you are waiting.

Do not use Winkflash. The upload software there is terrible IMO (although I like the price and the quality of prints).

LD92599
06-17-2007, 08:40 PM
When I want to upload alot (maybe 100 or so) I'll use Shutterfly and let it upload overnight! Usually by the morning it's done w/ just a few errors. Their software will tell who which file names/#s didn't upload so you can try again!

Let us know who you go with and how it works out - actually my last Shutterfly upload was about 200 pics.

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png

megs4413
06-18-2007, 10:55 AM
who makes the best photo books for the price?

bleujeans
06-18-2007, 11:15 AM
I use Yahoo Photos since I send all my digital work to our Target Photo Lab ~ it's very quick. I uploaded over 200 photos last week in a little over an hour and had no errors or missed photos.

HTH

megs4413
06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
yahoo photos is closing....you have to transfer your photos to flickr

babyready
06-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Yep, Yahoo bought flikr and are closing their site. All photos will have to be transferred. They give a few different options. Flikr (obviously) and Shutterfly are a couple.

bleujeans
06-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on Yahoo!

anamika
06-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Do you know if the Shutterfly site recognizes duplicates? If I have already added a pic to the album and try to add it again (same name), what happens?
I'm having trouble with the Upload asst. It says it has added the pics (takes about 2 secs which I know is impossible) but I can't see them in the album - so annoying. Any ideas?
Thanks,