PDA

View Full Version : what do i want?

ellies mom
06-21-2007, 12:00 PM
He's got to not only watch the kids but get them both dressed with brushed hair. He needs to feed them healthy meals, do a load of laundry and have the house picked up by the time you get home. It isn't much of a break if you have to come home to a house in shambles.

He needs to give you enough money that you can hit a bookstore then lunch or a cup of coffee. If you have a hobby like knitting or scrapbooking, you should be able to browse a store or two and maybe buying yourself something related, new supplies or new tools. And then the next day he should give you the time to enjoy your new tools or supplies, and maybe another quiet trip to lunch or coffee.

Geez, now I want that...

scoop22
06-21-2007, 12:07 PM
i would say an overnight stay at a spa.. he can do it all himself and you can pamper yourself. or at least do a day away and take care of you!!!!!! you derserve it RIGHT!!!!!
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

Mommy Of A Little Angel
06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
If he owes you big time then you need a spa weekend! Leave Friday night, come back Sunday afternoon. No cell phone calls, not interruptions! You get whatever spa treatments you want - no questions asked. Oh, and when you get home, the house is in order, all the kids are happy, healthy, and well-fed, and everyone is in a good mood!

Jen841
06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Freezer full of ready to eat food? HE has to schedule a date or make you dinner (hard one for DH!)

Regularly scheduled something... exercise class, mani/pedi, grocery shopping without kids, X number of trips to the ___ (pool/swim class/library/b-day parties) with the kids,...

Jen841
06-21-2007, 03:52 PM
My computer was hung up for a bit and I did not know the posts were going in.

Friday can't come quick enough.

mommy111
06-21-2007, 04:16 PM
I had to jump in on this one....
a day of taking care of the kids while you do whatever you want (bookstore, like PPs have suggested, spa, whatever you want). BUT he also needs to schedule a cleaning person/babysitter to come to the house the next day (and don't take any time off without that caveat) because my experience is that when husbands are alone at home, you come back to the house in shambles and the day off is almost not worth it.

maestramommy
06-21-2007, 09:57 PM
NAK

I agree. A weekend off somewhere. Even if all you do is check into a hotel. Somewhere that serves a good breakfast and near places you'd like to go but normally can't. Dh has to take care of the kids and the house has to be clean by the time you get back.

megs4413
06-21-2007, 10:42 PM
DH owes me big time...and I can't figure out what i want! definitely not just a gift, cause that's the easy way out for him. He's gotta watch the kids for at least a day...maybe more? what do I want?

fortato
06-21-2007, 10:57 PM
A flight to NH to visit me!

niccig
06-21-2007, 10:58 PM
ITA. DS was 6months and DH went away for a bachelor weekend. The following week it was my turn. I checked into a local hotel after DS went to bed and come home after room service breakfast the next day. Room service dinner, a movie, 8 hours of solid sleep, and then breakfast in bed, it was just what I needed. Now, if the hotel had a spa service for a massage - it would have been even better!

squimp
06-22-2007, 12:19 AM
I'd take the day and go to a spa or salon with a girlfriend, then do a little shopping or catch a movie and have a nice dinner. Then roll back home after bedtime.

megs4413
06-22-2007, 08:55 AM
that is a REALLY good idea....