PDA

View Full Version : A (Not So) Long Time Ago, This Would Have Bothered Me...Share Yours

randomkid
06-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I've been really sick the last week with bronchitis AND a sinus infection. Today, I finally started to feel a little better and ventured out with DD this evening to buy dog food - fun! I knew it was close to dinner time for her, but she was enjoying the birds, fish and rodents so much that I let her stay in the store for almost 45 minutes! By the time we left, she was getting really hungry. I drove through McDonald's and bought her a small fry (as I didn't plan to be at the store so long and had no food for her). She devoured the whole thing (well, except for the 3 or 4 that I stole from her first). When we got home, I had nothing ready for her. So, DD's dinner consisted of: Fries, leftover Mighty Bites from breakfast (dry, at least, not in milk-lol!), a peach and Kefir Milk Smoothie. In the past, I would have been mortified to feed my child that for dinner. Tonight, I just thought, "Oh well, at least she's eating".

What have you done with your DC lately that you would have never considered in the past...and it didn't even phase you?

Tondi G
06-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Well I had nothing planned for dinner for my family this week one night so we ALL sat down to dinner of Hotdogs, baked beans and corn! Hey It worked and Everyones stomach was filled. One of my best friends growing up came from a family of 6 kids. If any of them were not happy with the dinner meal she had planned they were welcome to bit bowl of breakfast cereal. She just couldn't be a short order cook and a bowl of honey nut cheerios was a healthier option! At least they were getting calcium and a full tummy!

Fries, mighty bites, kefir and a peach is ok in my book. It's alright to let them eat something "different" once in a while! It's all good!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/0 and Aidan 5/4/05

shilo
06-22-2007, 12:27 AM
my son's vegetable for the WEEK so far (at disneyland) was few little bits of mushrooms, tomato and onion in the sausage/egg strata he ate a few bites of along with a mickey mouse pancake and a real breakfast sausage (not the turkey or chicken apple variety) at goofy's kitchen this morning. i think he's eaten more mac and cheese, grilled cheese, ham and cheese, tortilla, beans and CHEESE (you get the picture) and white bread this week then i've fed him in the last 6 months. a pretty big hurdle for someone who made pretty much all of his baby food from organic scratch. it really didn't phase me the first few days, but now on day 4, i am starting to be a little bothered by the absense of healthy choices around here even for vacation, so maybe this doesn't count...

all the kids menu's seem to consist of the same 4 or 5 entree's everywhere in and out of disney - mac and cheese, grilled cheese, pizza, battered chix tenders and hot dog/corn dog. if you're lucky, you can substitute fresh fruit for the fries :P.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

maestramommy
06-22-2007, 03:28 PM
We went to the REI a couple a days ago, and it was close to Dora's lunchtime, and she was asking for food. I bought a Cliff Bar for her and a Luna bar for myself. I didn't check the nutrition info until she started eating it, it has 21 grams of sugar (!!). And she wanted more when she was done. I should've given her the Luna bar, which has only 9 gram of sugar, but oh well. At least it was cranberries and apple. Maybe that's where all the sugar came from.