PDA

View Full Version : Moms of our youngest ones...

buddyleebaby
06-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Check in here.

I realized today that my little one, at almost nine months, no longer fits in this category. She's babbling and cruising and sleeping though the night, and it's bittersweet.

So, how is it going for all you moms with cuddly new babies at home?

JoyNChrist
06-22-2007, 06:49 PM
It's wonderful!

At 3 1/2 months, he's smiling and laughing and pretty much making all the crying and the sleeplessness worth it. ;) I much prefer this stage to the newborn phase, when he didn't really do anything but eat and go back to sleep. And I'm feeling much more confident in my parenting abilities (pretty sure his head's not gonna fall off now), which makes things much less stressful.

I think he could stay just this age, and I'd be perfectly happy. Of course, I'm looking forward to seeing how he grows and changes, but I think this age is what I really dreamed about when I was looking forward to having a baby. :-)

npace19147
06-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Trixie is growing like crazy! She got off the apnea monitor at about six weeks and it made life so much easier. She's 13 weeks now and is probably somewhere around 15 lbs, we're guessing.

She "woke up" a few days ago and is now in that smiley stage that is so cute! She loves her Gymini, and looking at her big sister. Now if she would just figure out sleeping through the night...or at least a longer stretch... :)

jd11365
06-22-2007, 07:19 PM
My sweet boy is 4 months and over 17 pounds! Big sister Kayla is just wonderful with him. I'm amazed since she was ready to return him after he came home. ;) Honestly, they adore each other, and it's so fun to watch. Our little chunkster rolls both ways, smiles and laughs like crazy, and already has two bottom teeth pushing through. I expect him to crawl in the next month. He already tries. Scary! His sister was the same way. Right now he rolls himself where he wants to go. I won't even speak of his sleeping, since I don't want to jinx it, but this one is definitely a keeper so far, for sure! He's a keeper anywyay. Just the happiest, easiest baby ever. No drama for this mama!

LarsMal
06-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Miss Mallory is almost six months- so crazy- and doing great!

After a couple rough weeks of bad sleep, she is doing much better. I still have to get up once or twice to fish for her paci, but she is (knock on wood) giving me from about 9-5, feeding around 5, then back to sleep until about 8. I guess I can't complain, but I also can't wait until she sleeps through that 5 am feeding!

She is the HAPPIEST baby! She doesn't laugh out loud much, but she smiles all the time. She has the sweetest dimple in her left cheek that I love to bury my nose in. DS was completely different- you had to really work for his smiles, and she hands them out for free! I've heard people say that the 2nd born doesn't have as many photos, but DD does b/c she always hams it up for the camera!

She is rolling both ways now, and working on sitting up. She is extremely flexible (mabye b/c she was breech?) so she rolls forward and through her hips instead of sitting upright. I call her my little cheerleader!

She and DS are so cute together. He loves to bring her toys and lay down with her when she's playing on the floor. It makes me so happy to see them enjoying each other. The keep each other occupied!

Now...if I could just get DS into his big boy bed and DD out of the pack-n-play in our room I'd be much happier!

We're starting solids this weekend so here's hoping she doesn't have her big brother's allergies!

Here's a recent pic:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/CJLM/Bumbo1.jpg

maestramommy
06-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Arywn is 4 weeks today, and growing well. She's still in that NB stage, so we are guessing as to her personality. But it looks as though she might be more outgoing than her big sister. Arywn is a giant compared to Dora, so I think we named her well. Dh says we got an elf and a smurf :P

Dora is doing really well. I thought the honeymoon stage was ending, but she's still pretty much the same, thinks of Arywn as a toy. We are still teaching her the gentle pat. But saying goodnight to Arwyn twice is now part of her bedtime routine. And when she sees a baby anywhere she always points at Arwyn, and when she hears Arywn on the monitor she does the baby sign. I can't wait till they can start interacting more.

tarahsolazy
06-22-2007, 10:46 PM
My baby Ber is 11 weeks old already! She is very chatty and loves to coo, which her brother never really did. She's a drooling maniac, and really wants to learn to suck her thumb, which I am all for, but for now she keeps whacking herself in the face. She's a good eater and weighs 13.5lbs. She rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time today. We're working on sleep, but its getting better. She is very much my cuddle monkey. I keep telling myself to stop and enjoy all these stages, as she's our last baby.

MarisaSF
06-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Tater Tot is a month old! I'm really enjoying this newborn stage and getting to know this little guy.

He is huge. Not sure what he weighs (more than 12 lbs), but he's busting out of his 0-3 month clothing, so I am washing his 3-6ers as I write.

He sleeps really well. Unlike his sister, he enjoys being in our bed and will sleep right in the crook of my arm. Because he is so big, I've been able to nurse him while lying on my side. He loves slings and the mei tai. He is so, so, so cuddly!

At one month, he's got a goopy eye due to a blocked tear duct. He also has some baby acne/heat rash. He's not a pro at the bottle, but I'm trying to do one/day.

Jazzy has adjusted fairly well. She calls her little brother "our baby" and "little fella." She loves to watch him get his diaper changed and keeps saying, "I hope he doesn't put his foot in the poopoo." We're not pushing her to kiss or hug him, but she's getting closer to wanting to. I think she might be a little scared of (hurting?) him. She surprised me yesterday by kissing his back through one of his slings.

o_mom
06-23-2007, 02:57 AM
DS3 is doing well. He is 6 weeks now and was 11 lbs 8 oz at his one month appointment (really at 5.5 weeks). He is sleeping pretty well, only getting up once a night, but the time varies. That's why I'm up at 4 am even though he isn't :P. He is starting to smile with those little melt-your-heart baby smiles. We are still working on feeding issues and EI can't get here fast enough. DS1 and DS2 are in love with him. DS1 is acting out some, but not directing it toward the baby.

Well, back to try and sleep before he wakes!

jgriffin
06-23-2007, 08:37 AM
L is doing great at 5 weeks! Tons of facial acne and dry skin, but otherwise happy and (when she's awake) alert. She smiled while awake for the first time on Thursday, but hasn't repeated the feat for DH yet. :) Even though we've got a perfectly good PnP in our bedroom, she has yet to sleep in it, preferring our bed (or maybe it's me who has the preference...yeah I know this is gonna bite me in the butt in a few months....)

E has been a lot better since that terrible first week. To his credit he was hit with teething and a stomach bug the week L was born, so that would put anyone in a foul mood. We're still working on "mama can't pick you up right now because I'm feeding L" which upsets him to no end. But we've been babying him more and trying to be tolerant and understanding of his needs, and as a result we're all happier.

megs4413
06-23-2007, 08:37 AM
PC is doing great! He's 3.5 mos. now...why does this part go so quickly and the pregnancy DRAAAAAAAG on???? like tarah, i'm telling myself to enjoy and savor everything since this is our last (or so we say).

He's been sleeping good stretches forEVER and loves the cosleeping which i'm so glad about!

he's also a ton happier than DD was. he lights up whenever someone coos at him. He has an infectious giggle and thinks his big sister is the funniest person in the world.

No rolling, but DD rolled AFTER she sat up, neither of my kids are fans of laying on the floor. He is working on sitting up and can pull himself up with his stomach muscles from a semi-reclined position. it's insane.

he's still quite small. DD at this age was 17lbs (seriously). I'm guessing that he's about 14, but he hasn't been weighed for awhile. We learned a different feeding method and it has really impacted his weight gain. The OT actually didn't believe we were getting him gaining the way we were doing it before....poor kid had to work so hard! it used to take an hour to an hour and a half to get in 3-4oz. we were feeding pretty much all day long. it's now taking about a half hour to get in 4-6oz!

DD loves him a little less lately than she has before....he's been super needy lately (with this growth spurt) and I think she's reacting to that. she still only gives "nice" touches and is very affectionate, but she asks to hold him less...she used to spend some time holding him every day. i think the fact that we're pretty much quarantined is also affecting her feelings. she's pretty stir crazy.

his first surgery is coming!!! august 13....i'm not gonna lie...i'm scared, but this first one isn't even the big deal one. i'm very happy with our cleft team and i'm confident that everything's going to go well.

August Mom
06-23-2007, 12:10 PM
DD is 4 weeks old today! I can't believe that a month has gone by already. We are doing great - much better than I imagined or expected. She is nursing well and just took her first bottle yesterday without much complaining. (DS would never take a bottle, so I really want to try harder this time). She seems much more laid back than DS, which is probably good for a second child. :) She cries very little during the day. She saves that all for between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. It's always an adventure going to bed. You never know if she will nurse and fall asleep or if you will be up for hours with her screaming. It's about 50/50. She has really strong neck muscles for her age and will move her head around and pick it up a bit (particularly if you have her over your shoulder). She is very expressive - lots of different faces.

She is very sweet. I wasn't a big fan of the newborn phase with DS, but I'm really enjoying it this time around.

brittone2
06-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Well, my little one isn't so little anymore, but I'll chime in anyway because she's fun and I rarely give updates on her :)

She just turned 6 months, has been rolling both ways since before she was 4 months, and has been crawling for a few weeks now (I wasn't ready for this LOL! DS crawled at 8 months). She's sitting for 30+ seconds without hands, and getting up on all 4s and rocking every chance she gets, so I'm sure she'll be moving onto crawling on hands/knees before too long (she's starting to try really hard to move on hands and knees).

She's all about DS, and wants to do and see *everything* he's doing all. of. the. time. LOL. She laughs hysterically at everything he does. DH and I can get her to laugh, but all he has to do is *look* at her and she busts into giggles. We were in Borders with them a few weeks ago and every time he would look at her, she cracked up so loudly that I'm sure 3/4 of the store could hear her laugh. The special relationship they have is the most amazing part of having two kids.

She's a decent sleeper at night, but the naps...oh, the naps. She will only nap for about a half hour to a max of an hour twice a day. Eeeek. We're working on it, but it is tough.

Time is flying.

lisams
06-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Adam is 4 months old and is just this happy, smiling chunky baby! I love this age, we're beginning to really see his personality. I think he's going to be a silly boy! DD was a very serious baby, so it's fun to see the difference.

DD is starting to really enjoy "playing" with him. The BEST is when DS is fussing in his carseat, DD will make up all of these hand games to entertain him. She toally knows how to calm him and I love it! I moved them so they are right next to each other, and since she's FF and he's RF she'll hold his hand (or more like he holds tight to her finger!). It's the sweetest thing to look back and see them holding hands.

I'm really trying to set aside some time with DD alone. It works out the best on the weekend when DH can watch DS. It doesn't happen every weekend, but I'm trying to make that a priority. Even if it's a trip to Target or the park for a while - just the two of us. SOmetimes I miss that time with her, but of course I can't imagine life without DS. It's just taking some time adjusting to the new dynamic. I'm just so happy that she adores her "little buddy"!

Lovingliv
06-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Tess is heaven sent. She is cooing, laughing, loving, cuddling, rolling....
we are co-sleeping and she sleeps for 8 hr stretches at night.
She is just an easy baby.
She is probably 15 pounds...and she is so long. Almost in 6-9 month clothes. I just love this baby.

Her big sister is sooo good to her...Liv loves to hold her, get her paci and kiss her. Seriously, I could have 10 of these kids.

Thanks for asking Alicia!

mudder17
06-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I love reading all the updates! I don't know if Mika qualifies as 7 months, but she's finally settling more into a routine. She's over 18.5 pounds and about 27" long and rolling both directions as well and turning herself around so that she can basically migrate. She is also beginning to sit for long periods of time, although she can't get herself into that position yet. I just tried standing her up to see if she could/would bear her weight on her legs, but with her chub, she's not quite ready for that. :P She babbles quite a bit and says, "Ba-ba..." and "Da-da..." and also makes the gargling sound in her throat. She's a lot more social than Kaya, but not as physical. Oh, and we started her on solids last month and her favorite is to pick up oatios and shove them in her mouth. She's getting to the point where more than half of them actually make it into her mouth. :P Oh, and for the most part, she is a great sleeper, at least in her own room--not so good in the car or when we're out and about--she's just too dang social. We are working on transitioning her from her swing to the crib for naps--she's been sleeping in the crib at nights with no problems for a long time, but has napped almost exclusively in the swing. Oh, and she tested positive for allergies to eggs and minorly to sesame, but negative for dairy, corn, wheat, soy, and nuts, so we're working on expanding my diet. Yahoo!

Kaya is also adjusting much better than at the beginning and we go back and forth between babying her and encouraging her to be helpful. She is also potty training for nights finally, and mostly successful at it! She loves to try feeding Mika or giving her water to drink or toys to play with, but also likes to play with Mika's toys and will try to hoard some of the ones she really likes. We're working on it. ;)

Eileen

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/5.png

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/2.png