PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Lake George, NY

JustMe
06-24-2007, 12:03 PM
My sister, dd, and I will be in Lake George next Monday eve thru Thurs afternoon (this includes July 4th). Anyone have suggestions of what to do or not do?

Any healthier restautants that people can recommend?

thanks,

Robyn

gatorruth
06-24-2007, 07:10 PM
That's so funny--- I'll be there, too!! My aunt and uncle have a lake house there. If you can, try to see the fireworks ON the lake-- yes, on a boat-- there are so many local shows around that you'll see dozens of firework displays!! It's really cool!

Can't help with restaurants as we'll be eating at their home most days. There is a ferry boat ride that is fun that I'm sure your dd will like... and a kitschy 'downtown' lake george area that's fun to walk around. It's got a fun game room.

Have fun!!

Ruth

trales
06-25-2007, 02:05 PM
We used the live on the east side of the lake, I loved living there. Most of the healthy restaurants on a few miles up in Bolton Landing, which is a little less over the top. Take a ride of the Lac du Saint Sacrament or one of the other paddle boat tours. They are a great way to see the lake. If you can rent a boat go up to the islands for the day, make sure to get a day use permit, so you have a place to dock and have a picnic lunch. You can rent canoes and kayaks in both Lake George Village and Bolton Landing, tons of fun. There is hiking on the east side of the lake and up past Bolton Landing on Tongue Mountain. The Adirondack Mountain club has a staffed visitors center in Lake George Village and can suggest tons of hikes and activities. www.adk.org. Have fun, it's a great lake, we were up there last weekend for for the Ti Race, a 50 mile sailing race. We had to drop out b/c of no wind.

Tracey
Mom to Frances 12 weeks