PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts...

MMEand1
06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't have a lot of time to post anymore, but thought I'd jump on for a few minutes in order to post some rantom thoughts. So, here goes:

- Pt/Pl'ing my DD has been so much easier than it was when we tried to get my DS to Pt/Pl!

- I got my motorcycle endorsement yesterday and am very excited to buy a motorcycle. We are going look at one this weekend (hopefully!!)

- I have been SOOO lazy since we ran our marathon earlier this month...I have also been eating a lot of cr@p!

- Someone I work with told me that I am a bad mom because I left my family for 4 months in order to go to a school for my job (military). I thought that since I pumped and shipped the BM back to my DD while I was away would have shown her that I was a good mom, but alas, she thinks I am horrible for leaving them behind (even though they were not authorized to come with me) and she even told me that she loves her DC more because she would never leave them.

- I must really be a BAD mom because I let my DC sleep on the floor last night...and they are doing it again tonight...I thought I was being a fun mom because I bought them a tent and sleeping bags and set up everything in the front room so they could "camp out".

- My DS thinks his Taekwondo class is "Jedi Academy" because he wants to be a Jedi when he grows up. We humor him and tell him that he can be whatever he wants to be.

Guess that's all I can think of right now. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Mariah P.

Emmas Mom
06-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Your co-worker is a moron, you must throw rocks at her. Her comments aren't even worth a response.

I would love to go to Jedi Academy....maybe someday I'll find a class I like too. :)

Oh, and after running a marathon I think you can eat whatever you want!

lisams
06-27-2007, 11:28 PM
What?!!!! You are so not a bad mom. Your coworker needs to spend a day in a shelter for abused/neglected children. What a horrible thing for her to say to you. I remember reading about how you got the pumped milk sent back to your DD and was amazed at your dedication!

I love the Jedi Academy, very cute!!!

elephantmeg
06-28-2007, 05:17 AM
sigh. We know the truth, you're a great mom! Happy motorcycling and hope your next deployment goes by so fast! Can I camp out in your front room too?

MMEand1
06-28-2007, 06:19 AM
I know I'm not a bad mom, it just amazes me up that she would say something like that out loud. I mean, even if I really thought that about someone else, it's not like I would actually verbalize it to their face!! My DS is always wanting to pick up rocks so maybe I will gather up all the rocks he has managed to sneak in to the house and start lobbing them her way (that really cracked me up, BTW)!

And yes, "Jedi Academy" is very funny. He even calls his instructors Star Wars names. One of them is Obi Wan and the other is Qui Con Jin (sp?). One of his instructors even says stuff to him like "Show me your Jedi muscles" when they are doing punches and stuff. Everytime he gets a new stripe, he is "learning the way of the Force".

There is plenty of room over at the house for anyone that would like to sleep on the floor. We went from an 800 sq ft house at our last base to a house with over 1600 sq ft PLUS a finished basement, a deck and a garage! It is so nice to have the room in order to be a "bad mom" and be able to put up a tent in the front room for the DC. They LOVE it!

You mama's have a great day and remember, the most important things your children will learn will be taught in the home.

Mariah P.