PDA

View Full Version : I am adicted to Starbucks.

kep
06-29-2007, 12:17 PM
That is all.

Seriously, I love the stuff. If only it was calorie free and didn't cost anything. Even Luke gets in on it: "I'd like a 100 'degee' kid's hot chocolate, please!". He even gives them his dollar bill to pay for his. That's teaching him social etiquete, math skills, and good manners, right? ;) Really dh is the only one not feeling the Starbucks love...

Kelli

Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, Joseph, born 3 days after Christmas.

lovin2shop
06-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Right there with ya. I swear there will be an internal memo that surfaces someday proving that there really is crack in there.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
06-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Me too! I think I have it daily. DD is already getting into the Starbucks groove. I get her a kids cup with a lid and put some water in it and she is happy as a clam. She also likes to have my cup when I am done to lick any chai that may be left on the inside.

And why do they have to put them in Target? As if I needed another reason to be there daily!

JoyNChrist
06-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm totally with you. The only thing that has saved my budget and my diet is the fact that I live in one of the seven towns in the U.S. that doesn't have a Starbucks yet (lol). The closest one is about 30 minutes away, so I don't go every day.

And I agree that Starbucks and Target is a seriously unfair combination. DH has threatened to make me get a job at Target if I keep going there so often.

LarsMal
06-29-2007, 02:03 PM
I recently discovered the Strawberries and Cream drink- OMG!!!!! Talk about calories, but so YUMMY!

Fairy
06-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Me, too. Frakkin' heroin.

DS now says he wants to go to "tarbucks" and get "tarbucks milk." DH is not amused.

bubbaray
06-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Decaf grande no whip mocha frapuccino = summer

Decaf tall soy easy foam latte = winter

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

egoldber
06-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Well you know, drip coffee has no calories....

My current drink is a grande half caff soy misto. :)

ellies mom
06-29-2007, 07:13 PM
You live in North Stratford, New Hampshire? That whole blasted area doesn't even have a coffee shop with an espresso machine, let alone a Starbucks. It was horrible.

Anyhow, I live in the Pacific NW, we literally have a Starbucks on just about every corner and that is just how I like it. Although, I'm a rather boring Grande Latte person. Although in deference to my waistline, I did recently switch to 2% instead of whole. We go every day as a family (they sent Ellie flowers in the hospital when she was born) and I usually sneak off once a week on my own. Yeah, it isn't good for the budget but I'm not smoking crack.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
06-29-2007, 07:26 PM
OMG my parents live in one of those 7 towns that still doesn't have one. It makes no sense to me! The closest one to their house is 20-30 minutes away. When I go there I go crazy until I get some! I can't get over the lack of drive-thru ones here - I can't imagine not having one!

ellies mom
06-29-2007, 07:39 PM
It breaks my heart but basically every relative except my parents and siblings live in one of those seven towns. And as I said, in some parts you can't get a Latte period. That is what amazed me the most. Not that they didn't have a Starbucks (75-100 miles away) but that they didn't have a single place in the area that served espresso. Even the Dunkin Donuts didn't have a machine. Man, I was so excited to get to the airport.

Piglet
06-29-2007, 08:42 PM
nak

me too - i even set my starbucks card to auto-reloaad. when i was at work, we had 2 starbucks in our building alone! that was dangerous! now that i am on mat leave, one of my best budget tricks has been cutting out the lattes - easy enough now that i don't have a starbucks in the building! starbucks must think i died or something, my card hasn't reloaded in a month, i think. my fave drinks are - tall non-fat no foam extra hot latte and venti cinnamon chai tea misto... yummmy!

kboyle
06-29-2007, 10:59 PM
i love love love their passion tea lemonades...yum!

i'm not a big coffee drinker, but i'll take a hot chocolate or a cafe mocha if i am feelin' a bit sleepy :)

kboyle
06-29-2007, 11:00 PM
oops!

BeachBum
06-30-2007, 06:47 AM
My son is 21 months. If you ask him what he want to do at say 3 pm he will say:
Go in Car. Sarbuck. coffee. yeah.

If we go down the coffee isle at the grocery store he wil say---Coffee for Daddy.

I like a grande latte extra foam-- cinnamin dolce if I'm feeling daring
or a light caramel frap with an extra shot mixed in if it's hot out. YUM.

crayonblue
06-30-2007, 08:34 AM
DH is the Starbucks addict (our monthly bill reflect this!) but I love Starbucks iced tea, half sweet.

DebbieJ
06-30-2007, 08:36 AM
My little town just got a brand new Starbucks with a drive through!!!! I actually prefer Caribou Coffee, though.

I'm trying to stick to drip coffee to help my waistline and my budget, but those Cinnamon Dulce lattes are so yummy. My dh calls them dessert in a cup.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Alice523
06-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Glad I'm not the only one whose DS talks about Starbucks! My 19 month old's first two word combo was hot tea and he tells everyone (even the ped! I could have died) to "go Sarbucks pease" and "drink hot tea pease" - we get him his own cup of water, too, so we can try to drink ours in peace. ;) I really only go a couple of times a month but he must really enjoy our trips!

elizabethkott
06-30-2007, 12:42 PM
We brew it at home to save a little $$, but nothing like actually going in there!
Grande non-fat white mocha, no whip. :)
Iced in the summer. YUM!
And the cider in the winter?! GAH!!!!!
Since I'm doing WW, I've been getting the grande non-fat latte, though. Only 3 points, and I count it as a calcium. TOTALLY worth it, in my book. :)

Oh, and they just put one in in the local Stop n' Shop (grocery store).
Makes going to the stupidmarket a little less painful for me. Because I usually HATE the stupidmarket.

fortato
06-30-2007, 08:04 PM
You know it's sad when you go in and they know what you want before you even get to the front of the line...

"Grande Java Chip Frappucino-- See you tomorrow"

lilycat88
06-30-2007, 08:26 PM
When they see me in line at mine, the just ask "hot" or "cold" as in "do you want your regular hot drink or your regular cold drink.

Hot - Venti 2 pump hazelnut, nonfat, nofoam, latte

Cold - iced Venti 3 pump hazelnut, nonfat, latte

it's an actual line item in our budget.

*sigh*

elizabethkott
06-30-2007, 08:48 PM
That's awesome.

Do you think crack addicts have budgets on Excel? Because that's how I feel sometimes about the Starbucks... like it's mommy crack or something.

:)

trentsmom
06-30-2007, 09:44 PM
I've only been a few times, and I never know what to order. I'm reading through the list of what you all get, and I'm thinking, "I don't know what most of that is!" I guess I feel out of place since I don't know the lingo. But I can live vicariously through you, right? I can read about the new drinks, think "that sounds yummy!," but never go.

fortato
06-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I haven't moved to my summer drink yet

Grande Shaken Iced tea Lemonade Black unsweetened.

Jenny_A
06-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Starbucks intimidates me as well. I don't know what these drinks are either. I'll just save my money and put it towards my next Hanna Andersson order :-).

Jenny

lilycat88
06-30-2007, 11:56 PM
It was empty...I swear.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/jswinger/May2005032.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

“We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty, and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.� --Unknown

leslieu
07-01-2007, 01:56 AM
You are not alone, my whole family is addicted. Even DS, every time he sees a Starbucks, he says "I need a Latte!" Which is at least once or twice a day, here in the SF Bay Area they are on almost every conner.

DS usual: vanilla milk
My usual: Nonfat vanilla latte (Winter)
Iced Nonfat, no whip, 2 pump white mocha (summer) DH got me hooked on this one.

Anyhow, has anyone tried their new drink, the Raspberry Mocha Frap?

I had a venti,Raspberry Mocha Frap Light Blended(half the fat), No whip
oh.. was it YUMMI!

Leslie

MelissaTC
07-01-2007, 02:02 AM
My name is Melissa and I am a Starbucks addict. It is so bad that there are several employees that will come to the window to say hi to me in the drive thru lane.

egoldber
07-01-2007, 09:11 AM
LOL! They don't know me by name, but I often frequent the Starbucks at one of the busiest malls in the COUNTRY and we are definitely recognized. :) In all fairness, I think its actually Amy that they recognize.

egoldber
07-01-2007, 09:19 AM
http://www.starbucks.com/retail/beverages.asp

spanannie
07-01-2007, 05:37 PM
We just got back from a vacation to FL and had 3 Starbucks stops each way (14 hr drive), and had Starbucks 2 times/day while on vacation (it was our "activity"). I actually got on my cell phone in each state we passed through to find the Starbucks' and then see if we could hunt them down. The only place we couldn't find one was Mississippi.

This was extreme, even for me, but I do always have a Starbucks every afternoon, without fail, and have for the last 7-8 years.

Right now, my drink is a Iced Venti Soy Decaf 3-pump no-whip Mocha :-) Had one about 2 hrs ago.

gatorsmom
07-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I am not so much intimidated, but I hate to try something new and then be disappointed. That has happened a few different times. So, I stick to my very yummy, ordinary drinks:

winter: half-caf latte or half-caf mocha

summer: iced chai latte

We have a Starbucks in our local grocery store but there's a drive through Caribou Coffee just a little further down the road. I prefer Starbucks, but the convenience of the drive through gets me every time.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

missy425
07-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Thank you all for making me feel better about my addiction! I usually just get a tall bold brewed coffee with no room. I lived in Chicago for 4 years and knew where to find the drive thru Starbucks and would usually find a way to work that route into my plans. Going to Target was twice as fun because I could get my Starbucks fix while there. Imagine how sad I was when I moved back to Massachusetts to find that Starbucks in Target is not a universal thing! I did hear rumor that Stop and Shop has them now -- too bad I recently switched to Market Basket for my shopping. As for DD, when she sees a Starbucks she says, "Coffee store. Go there Mama. Chocolate milk!" I feel like I have created a monster!

elizabethkott
07-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin' cute!!!!!

More importantly, what was in the cup *before* the picture?

elizabethkott
07-02-2007, 10:03 PM
The only place we couldn't find one was Mississippi.

Odd. You would think a state with all those "s's" in it would have at least one "s" stand for "Starbucks".