PDA

View Full Version : How Much Does the Tooth Fairy Bring for the 1st Loose Tooth?

Kungjo
06-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Hmmmm......DD #1 has two loose teeth and one of them fell out today. The other one looks like it's coming out in the next day or two as well. It's hanging on by a thread.

She's so excited about this because she knows that she will get a visit from the Tooth Fairy. How much should she get for her 1st tooth? $1? $5? $10? And is it the same amount for any other teeth lost after the first? Do you do anything special for them when they lose their 1st tooth?

Thanks!

fortato
06-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Corie just asked for poems... I would ask her!

I say a buck for the first tooth, and then what ever change the tooth fairy can find at the bottom of her purse for every subsequent tooth.

SnuggleBuggles
06-30-2007, 12:18 AM
That's a toughie...

My going rate will be $1. So, I don't want to set the bar really high (like $5). But, it is special. Maybe if the tooth fairy left a note that congratulated dd on losing her 1st tooth she'd get that it was a pretty big deal?

Beth

Thatchermom
06-30-2007, 01:55 AM
We do a special $1. We have a stash of Susan B. Anthony and Sacajawea dollar coins that we shine up and use. A gold coin somehow seems more important than a dollar bill. I do have a friend that leaves $1.91 - one of each kind of coin. (dollar, 50 cent, quarter, dime, nickel, penny) I thought that was creative.

ctmom
06-30-2007, 07:06 AM
for the first tooth we went overboard....$5, a Webkinz and a whistle (she kept asked if the tooth fairy brings whistles because she was afraid she wasn't going to be able to without a tooth!). For each additional tooth I was going to give .25, but at the last minute, dh decided on .50.

She has two very loose ones right now and we are going away today for a few days. She packed her tooth fairy pillow in case they fall out!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

kcimato
06-30-2007, 02:38 PM
My 41/2 year old granddaughter lost her first tooth and I asked if the tooth fairy left any money and she said no just a dollar. The next time she got coins! I like the idea of the SBA dollar and Sacajewa dollar. I think I'll pass that along to them.