PDA

View Full Version : Update on School Bus Riding...

Pennylane
07-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I posted here a few weeks ago the concerns I had about my DD riding the bus to school when she started kindergarten. I decided to put her on the bus from day one to see how she did and I am happy to report that she loves it! We are on day three of school and she has ridden both to and from school each day. She leaves with a big wave and arrives home so excited!

A lot of my worries where how would she get to her class room from the bus and vice versa but they are really careful with the little ones. They attach a note to their backpacks that say they are a bus rider and has their bus number on it, plus someone meets them everyday at school when they get off the bus.

Hopefully it will keep going well. Thanks again for all your advice!

Ann

caleymama
07-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Yay! We don't start here until after Labor Day, so we've got a while yet (or so I keep telling myself ;)). I'm so glad it's going well for your DD. Thanks for posting an update.

Corie
07-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Ann,

So glad to hear that your daughter is doing great on the bus!!

We don't start school until after Labor Day. I just found out that
at the kindergarten orientation there will be a practice bus ride. :)

I guess we'll see how it goes!!

ShanaMama
07-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks for posting this, Ann. I followed your original post because the concern about DD riding the school bus has crossed my mind (she's only 2, so I have time). I found the responses to your OP interesting & calming. Glad things are going well for your DD & I hope they continue to do so.