PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Lynnie

Marisa6826
07-24-2007, 06:19 PM
How is your arm doing? Did you ever go to the doc to have it looked at?

I think of you *every* time I'm using my oven. ;)

hugs

-m

Lynnie
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Aw, thanks for thinking of me, Marisa. :)

It is getting MUCH better.

I saw the nurse at work, and she covered it with gauze and gave me more silvadene, then saw a dermatologist. (hence questions in another post about all those cosmetic procedures, I just happened to go at a time when I am looking awfully tired in all the photos taken of me these days). Hopefully it won't scar too much. Its not normal yet, but at least it is very much on the mend, and doesn't hurt.

I think of it everytime I use the oven, too !!

and it was a huge hit at the pre-school; all the kids loved the big bandage on my boo-boo.

Marisa6826
07-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm glad that you're doing better. Burns are just so awfully painful.

Try and keep a little jar of Silvadene in the house. It really is miracle stuff.

Once it heals over, try rubbing some vitamin E oil on it to keep the scar from getting any worse. Just pick up a cheap bottle of the liquid capsules, prick it with a pin and squeeze it onto the wound. Rub it in as needed. Also, it's SUPER important that you keep a thick sunblock on the area. New skin burns very, very easily when out in the sun.

I think you should get yourself some spiffy new oven mitts instead of a metal of valor! :P

hugs

-m