PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean hardwood floors?

veronica
07-30-2007, 06:33 AM
We are getting wood floors put in and I have no idea the best way to clean them. The store recommended this spray bottle stuff they sell and to just dry mop it up but I have a feeling I would use an entire bottle each time. Is there something out there that is good? TIA

JBaxter
07-30-2007, 07:00 AM
I use a spongue mop that is for hardwood floors ( looks like natural spongue and I got it at walmart) with a cup(ish) vinegar to a bucket of hot water. Its the only thing I have cleaned the floors with since we moved in. the previous owner used the bruce hardwood cleaner ( green spray bottle) but I have 3 kids so like you I would be buying in bulk if I did that. Vinegar is not toxic and cheep and works great.

On occassion if the floor isnt dirty but just tracked on I use the method cleaner w/ a terry cloth covered dust mop. I ususally do it when company is coming and I just need a touch up.

BillK
07-30-2007, 08:44 AM
http://www.bona.com/en/US/Consumers/Floor_Care/

I just got their premium hardwood kit and it seemed reasonable in price and the gallon refills aren't bad price-wise. I haven't actually used it yet but it seems to get good reviews.